Chapter 15: Stand Tall (Edited)

A/N: In Stand Tall, Zach removes the tux and bowtie. The sunflower pin Reggie gave him is attached to his suspenders.

(3rd POV)

The four ghosts teleported backstage at the Hollywood Ghost Club. They glanced between each other in confusion before noticing that they somehow changed outfits.

Instead of wearing their normal clothes, they were all wearing different colored tuxedos. Alex was now wearing a pink tux, Luke was wearing a blue one, Zach was in a green one, and Reggie with a red one. They somehow had their instruments with them, too.

"How did we...?" Zach trails off.

"Well, don't you look nice?" Caleb smirked as he walked down the stairs while filing his nails.

"Sweet threads," Reggie commented, glancing at his new outfit.

"How'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked.

"That's your question?" Luke snapped at Alex while adjusting his collar.

"I know you boys aren't my biggest fans," Caleb started, "and an eternity at my club might seem... overwhelming. But I just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch."

Reggie nervously grabbed Zach's hand and Zach squeezed it to comfort him, both feeling uneasy.

"Now. For starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together? And believe me; everything you want," Caleb points to Alex, "including Willie is here."

"And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in applause for as long as you want," he continued as he adjusts Luke's bowtie. "The connection that you will feel with that audience will be like no other. I promise."

Suddenly, the audience began cheering. "Oh! Shh. Do you hear that? They're waiting for you," Caleb told them just as another jolt struck all four of them, making them groan in pain.

"That one looked like it hurt," Caleb winced. "Now. Let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake?"

"I suggest you accept my offer because the clock is ticking."

Another jolt strikes the four ghosts again.

"Ouch! You know where to find me," Caleb says before running on stage to begin his performance as the four ghosts watch him.

You know you wanna take a chance and be a little bit bad
Ain't nothing quite like living on the edge, so get ready to go
I'm chasing down a thrill, and lookin' fit to kill
So listen to the words a wise man said
He said, "Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse"

You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose

Caleb sang as the boys unintentionally start bouncing to the music. They noticed this and they shared a nervous glance with each other, not sure what to do.

You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose
You got nothing to lose

Alex starts spinning his drumstick around his fingers, then he suddenly teleports on stage and starts drumming with a look of horror on his face.