Chapter 3: Bright (Edited)

(Zach's POV)

Once the boys and I are back at Julie's, we decided to look around the house, seeing all the changes that had been added.

Man, I haven't seen this house since 1993.

We went upstairs and we eventually found Julie's room.

"Um, guys?" I say, trying to convince them to leave. "Guys, I really don't think we should be here." They didn't listen as they start looking around.

"Oh, come on now, Zach. Don't be such a worry-wart," Luke says. I just crossed my arms and look at them sternly.

Yeah, you can say that I'm the dad of the group. I mainly keep the band out of trouble and in line when I need to. Only when I need to, and I definitely need these boys to leave before Julie finds us here.

"This bed is so soft," Reggie comments, making snow angels on Julie's bed. "Come on, Zach! Join me! It feels awesome."

I hesitated for a moment before I eventually joined Reggie on the bed, I sat next to him and my body relaxed when I lay down.

"Okay, I still think we need to leave before Julie finds us in here, but damn, this bed is comfy," I say, making Reggie smile.

Alex tries to pick up a picture frame, but his hands pass through it. Luke stands on a stool and looks at a white box on the shelf. Reggie continues to make snow angels as I admire his features next to him.

Thankfully, he doesn't notice me staring since his eyes were fully closed.

Wait, what am I doing? I don't have a crush on him, do I? No, I can't be. I'm not gay. Am I? Or am I not? Shoot, I'm confused.

"What are you guys doing in my room?" Julie snaps once she was in the room, making us jump.

"Uh..." we all glanced at each other, trying to think of an excuse.

"We were looking for the kitchen?" Luke answered and Reggie quickly agreed with him. I mentally facepalmed at Luke.

"I told you guys it was a bad idea to come in here," I tell them.

"This," Julie starts, "this can't happen. It's creepy. Get off my bed, please," she tells me and Reggie before we stood up and get off of her bed.

"Hey, Julie," Luke says, raising his hand and pointing at the box. "What's in the box?"

"That's off-limits," Julie tells him.

"Oh, okay. Girl stuff," Luke says. Julie crosses her arms.

"Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asks. I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh, come on. I'm sorry about them," Alex said

"It's none of your business," Julie tells us before adding, "and yes, there might be some glitter."

"Hey! I actually picked something up!" Alex says proudly as he carries the picture frame across the room before dropping it on Julie's bed.

"I dropped it," he said in disappointment.

"Is that your mom?" Luke asks, leaning in to look at the picture. We all joined him.

"Yes, and it's my favorite picture of us," she grabs the picture frame. "So if you break it, I'll break you."

"Sorry, but we're kind of unbreakable at this point," Alex reminds her.

"I don't get it," she says. "You guys can mess up my bed, pick up your instruments, but you can't pick up other stuff?"