042.

Ailynn Ranada
Aokigahara Forest, Japan
1:27 AM | Christmas Day 2019

Today was Christmas & I found myself somewhere that I never thought I'd end up again.

Back at this damn forest. I wasn't here for a bad reason neither. I'm here for closure.

I left everyone's presents labeled them under the tree except for one person. I didn't wanna be dramatic and just leave, so I let them know I was going on a trip. I just didn't say where to.

The view was beautiful but the story of this place is so sad.

I enjoyed the view while listening to Jukai by Jhene Aiko. The song brings me true peace. Which is what i'm looking for.

I was sitting alone for a few minutes until I heard movement behind me.

"why you out here by yourself?" kentrell asked me.

"the real question is how did you know i was here" i asked him.

"come on now Ranada let's be for real. I saw that look on yo face" he replied to me.

I let it be silent for a few seconds, then I broke the silence.

"so, why are you here?" I asked him. I wasn't even trying to be mean to him, just confused.

"i got some making up to do. but before I talk, I wanna give you your gift" he said pulling two box's out his pocket.

whatever it was, was in a medium - small sized box. Which, honestly surprised me because he always buys big.

he handed me the boxes & I opened the first one. It was a pendent with a picture of Aokigahara & a picture of him on the back.

"I wanted to get something with a meaning" he said as I opened the second box.

the second box was the same but instead of a post of him, it was a picture of me.

"that one fa me. it's matching diamond pendants to show where we met."

"plus i know i fucked up bad , but i wan my ranada back. i miss you bad. shit ain't been the same. i love you for real. you bring out the real me. can I have another chance?" he said grabbing my hand.

at this point, I was crying. I really wasn't expecting this. the pendant actually means alot to me because it just brings back that feeling of when i first met him.

he was the only person i felt understood me & we were complete strangers. of course i still love him. but it's fucked up because i don't know if i can trust him anymore.

half of me wants to believe he'll change but the other doesn't. i'm at a vulnerable point right now & my thoughts are running every which way. i didn't even know what to say.

the best thing about it, is that our situation never hit the public but still it hurts.

"Kentrell, I don't know. you have to prove that I can trust you before I'm even seen with you in public." i said & he nodded his head.

then he reached his arms out to me. I hugged him & didn't even want to let go. I truly missed this feeling.

"i'm sorry ranada. you ain't deserve that. but i promise ima make us better" he said resting his head on my mines.

i just nodded.

"here's your gift" i said handing it to him.

i bought him a ring with diamonds all around it , on the inside of the ring it had the date of when we met.

"this raw as fuck" he said putting it on. I slightly smiled.

"aye I love you ranada" he said.

"I love you too Kentrell" I responded.

we sat with each other & talked until the sun came up.

i missed this.

hopefully, we'll find our way back together again.

ik this chapter poo 🙄 i gotta get back in the writing spirit!
but this book is almost over, so just know book 2 it's uppppp!

vote.comment.follow 💞

love y'all!!!