chapter two

(Scott's pov)

"There's a reward for your death" I smirked. "And I've been known to kill for the fun of it. "

I could hear her heart beat faster in fear.

I took a step closer to her.

I could hear her stumble away and i laughed to myself.

"where do you think your running to" i chuckled not even bothering to look at the girl infront of me.

I didnt care for her.

This girl had wrecked havoc in a near by pack and was wanted dead for a reward. It wouldn't hurt to have them as an ally too.

" I-I was just walking " a silky resilient voice said.

And suddenly blue eyes snapped to hers and my smirk dropped.

I felt like i had been kicked in.the chest as everything seemed to slow down. I kept my composer.

She was a short girl, red dark hair to her waist...she wore a Roses and Guns to shirt and leggings. I didn't know what kept my eyes glued to her most;
the bruises that ran down her delicate arms....
Or the fact this girl, who was wanted dead by one of the most vicious packs in the world...was my mate.

Howls filled the night and I continued to study her.

"no..."was all she said. she began to panic. Fear sunk in her face.

"Those are rogues. They'll eat you alive." was all i could say. "Why dont you tell me why youre wanted"

I had only a few seconds to make the most important decision of my life.

Kill this girl,
or

Protect her,and risk my own life.

She merely shook her head and took off running like hell.

"ill give ya a head start then" i said darkly.

But as soon as the words left my lips a piercing scream filled the night and the animalistic part of me took over.

Rage flooded me, at the thought of someone hurting her.

I phased and soon caught up to little red riding hood.

Who stood fearful infront of a rogue.

He was about to lunge but i lunged first.

Another scream filled the air and without thinking my head snapped to the girl in worry. I saw blood.

And next thing i knew the rogue took advantage.

But it wasnt long until i regained control. I bit down of his neck and his limp body fell.to the floor.
I slowly came to the girl, and she paniced.

Her big blue eyes fell on something behind me and by the scent of it i wasnt alone.

I turned around quickly to meet abother rogue.. i put myself in front of the strange girl and kept her protected.

I let out a growl and lunged.
It wasn't long till he was dead too.

I turned to the girl and shifted.

"I smell blood" was all i said and she looked at me in fear.

"What are you"

I rolled my eyes. "What do you think "

My eyes fell.on her again.
I was stuck between hating her....and hating the animal that left bruises on her.

"Whats your name red riding hood" i said as i examined the gash on her leg.

She hissed in pain. Worried filled me but i tried to ignore it.

I wasn't supposed to give a shit about anyone.

Caring got you hurt.

"Want me to kiss it" i teased but i felt sick to my stomach seeing such a wound...on my mate.
It needed stitches at the least.

"Milla" she spoke and i watched her lips move. My heart skipped a beat and I cursed myself.

"Well. Milla. Im Scott. "

She nodded and before i knew it a foot came in contact to my face.

And my first reaction was to grab it, roughly.

A sickening crack filled the air and her pained cries followed.

Oh god.

No.

"Hey hey, milla are you ok" i began to panic. I hadn't ment to grip her that hard. " Milla Honey How bad does it hurt, talk to me damn it"

I begged and pleaded "god im so sorry, can you move it. How bad is it"
My head spun as the pain practically radiated off her. I had done that too my own mate.

I was so good at killing, i forgot to be gentle. I forgot how easily i could destroy her

Well fuck.

"Let me go" she breathed trying to push me away. But soon her body began to give out on her.

It wasnt long until she fainted.

People dont faint because of a broken bone.

My eyes fell on her poor beaten condition.

Something else was wrong.

I couldnt stop myself from picking her up and running as fast as i could. I had to get her to the pack doctor.

Once i got there i layed her on a table and my pack began to work.

My second in comand, leo, came over.

"You seem pretty protective of the girl " was all he said.

"I know. " i still hadnt taken my eyes off her.

She had to be atleast 15. Looking dead.

"Shes the girl theyve been searching for"

"Yeah. Well" i shoved my hands in my pockets. "Shes also my mate"

He stared at me shocked.

"SCOTT"

"Yes leo?"i said sarcasticly

" one of the most dangerous packs in the country wants her DEAD."

I growled at him. "I might just kill them first" i snapped. "All the bruises on her when i found her.."

"Scott. We either give her up...and they kill her. " he said and a growl roared in my chest. "Or we keep her here..and we go to war with one of the worst packs. "

I crossed my arms amd stared back and red riding good grimacing in pain.

i already had a decision made up.in my mind.

But my eyes fell on a small symbol on her wrist.

A rare and deathly looking symbol from the legends.

"She's marked" i whispered to myself.

the whole room stood still.