chapter 14

Scott's pov

"NO!" the word escaped my lips as I watched my mate being pushed off a cliff. Time seemed to move slowly.

In seconds I was attacking Lucien...
He snapped and bit at my limbs. I was on the ground for a moment but found myself taking charge again.

In seconds I broke his neck and he fell limp.

"My pack will hunt yours" he choked with his last breathe.

"Fucking let them. " I hissed and snapped his jaw. He was dead.

By now I was shaking, I had to look over the cliff. God my baby.....but when I looked down to the boulders there was nothing there. But blood.

"Scott!" Nick called from a lower cliff. "Shes not breathing!"

And in seconds I was next to them, my mate laying limp on the floor cuts and broken bones everywhere.

"How Did you-" he cut me off.

"Fallen Angel remember? I jumped across and caught her in time. Still got hurt though. Half her body hit the boulders.  It's bad. "

By now I was placing my ear to her chest listening for any breathe. "Shes breathing but hardly. We have got to get her to a hospital! Go start up your car now!"

I picked her up bridal style and I was running behind him, trying to carry her as gently as possible.
She was so fragile and broken....my baby. Oh god my baby. This was all my fault.

I ran faster and when we reached nicks car, I jumped in the back with my mate and he drove.

She began to cough up blood.

"Drive faster, she's not gonna make it" I yelled and I could feel my heart shatter. I wiped away the blood from her lips and places a thousand devastated kisses on her face. She stopped coughing, and her breathing was barely there again.

It Took everything I had in me not to break down. It took everything for me not take a bullet to my head.

For now I had to try and save my baby.

And If she Doesn't make it,I'd take my life.

It's been a month or two, but I was so in love with my mate. I'd give up my life if it meant saving hers.

"We're here. " Nick said, the fear and the worry in his voice. he opened the door and I pulled milla out, her limp, fragile body in my arms.

We rushed into the hospital and that's when I heard her broken heart....take its last beat.

And I felt mine stop with hers.

"Somebody help! " I screamed bloody murder, fear and despair in my cries " her hearts not beating, fucking help her!"

Doctors came rushing, and Nick dropped to his knees once he realized her heart had stopped.

My princess was ripped from my arms and put on a gourny. They pulled out defibrillators, put them against her chest....trying to shock her heart awake.

I tried to listen to their words, but my screams and my shouting we're too loud in my own ears.

They rolled her away while still trying to shock a pulse back into her and I tried to follow...But I was held back my guards.
My kicking and screaming, my despair getting the best of me.

Nicki still sat on the floor, crying.
All I could do was fall next to him, and cry too. While we waited for the doctors to tell us what we didn't want to hear.