chapter ten

(Scotts pov.)

I sat in my bed and pulled at mt hair as i stared down at any possible traces or clues to Millas home.

I had to find my baby.

Its been three fucking days....horrible scenerios spilled in my mind of what that pack would do to her...

I had to find her before they did.

Apart of me was beyond betrayed.

But a larger part of me was worried sick. She was alone...defensless...

Anyone could hurt her.

The thought alone made a growl grow in my throat.

"Scott" my best friend john busted through my door. "We found an address, 5151 Oakwood, three hours from here. "

And with that i was already running to my car.

(nikis pov)
"Milla you ok in there?" I knocked on the bathroom door, she was in the shower.

"Yeah im ok" i heard her yell but she sounded off. My best friend....only 16 and she had been through hell and back.

I walked bad to my bedroom and sat in my bed as i put on the tv.

I started thinking too much.

Trying to figure out the alphas sent that had been all over her when i had found her.

I heard a door open and looked up to see my best friend standing in a towel, nervous and shy.

God damn.....

It took everything in me not to.hop on her and please her body in a thousand ways....

I looked away.

I've been in love with my best friend for 4 years.

She had no idea.

"Can i borrow a shirt?" Her sweet voice spoke and i was suddenly nervous too.

Jesus christ i wanted that towel to slip.

"Yeah no problem. " i grabbed her a "Crown the empire shirt' and turndd around so she could change.

I decided to keep my mind busy. I was so in lovewith her.

"Milla you feel like going to grab a bite in town? My treat" i offered and played with my fingers.

"Hmmm. Ok. Sure" she breathed. "You can turn around bruh"

And i did. And even then, fully clothed in tights, my big shirt and a big cardigan.. i still wanted her.

I saw something cross her eyes.

"Nicki can i ask.you something?"

"Yeah anything what's up?" I asked as we walked out the house and i locked the door.

We started walking to the little chinese place we would always go to. She loves it.

"What made you come to my house that night...the night you found me. "

Fuck.

Shit.

"Oh um, i had been walking down the street and i thought i saw someone walk in so i decided to check it out." God im a liar. I forced a smile. "Amd I'm glad i did. "

truth was i had gone to her house repeatedly trying to cAtch the sent in there.

But i couldnt tell her what i was.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Now my turn for a question." I stared at her big blue eyes. "Whats the name of the guy that took you.. and why did he take you"

"Lucien. nd i don't know why. " she spoke sadly.

I stopped us in our tracks and hugged her to death. No one was around. We had taken a short cut by the woods.

"Milla can i ask you another question?" I locked eyes with her.

She nodded.

"Can i kiss you please" i breathed out nervously and i had never been so scared.

I loved her so much.

she opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by another voice.

"THE FUCK YOU CANT" a voice roared and the scent in the night air told me who...or what he was. I turned to see a man about a year or two older than me. Glaring.

"Scott. " milla breathed and hid behind me. She held my hand.

I took a defensive stance. He wasn't gonna take my best friend away from me.

"Milla" he growled. "Im supposed to be the one protecting you. "

He was getting too aggressive. Fucking mutt.

"No..." her voice shook and i was worried for her. "You lied. You're a killer. "

"And hes honest?" He spat glaring at me. He was shaking, about to phase and he was too close.

"Calm the fuck down mutt youll phase and hurt her!" I snapped.

"Im her mate, i wouldn't dare hurt her" he growled.

I wasn't phased. Mate bullshit or not. She was my best friend..my love. I didnt trust the fucker.

"She's staying with me. "I spat.

He only shook more. Murder in his eyes.

He breathed the air in. "Does she know what the hell you are you piece of shit."

"Whats he mean?" She whispered into my back. " and i only tensed.

" he's not human milla. " scott spokr as he glared down.

I could feel milla loosing her grip on me.

"Hes a fallen angel"