January Ninth

Teacher x Teacher

Pairing: Severus x female

Time: Anytime before Harry is at school

Warnings: Swearing & angst

Recommended Songs: j's lullaby by Delaney Bailey & The Last Time (taylor's version) by Taylor Swift (all songs can be found in my snape playlist in my Spotify account that is linked in my bio)

"Good Damn!" You exclaim loudly. You had been busy with Christmas with your family, but some other things had come up the two weeks after. You were trying your best to get back to the school as quickly as possible, but not because of your classes, because it was getting very close to Severus' birthday. Every little thing that you needed to do you rushed to get it done and get back to the school, but now it was 7pm on the ninth of January and of course there was a teacher meeting happening until 8:30 to boot.

Throwing your coat on the floor you quickly move around and decorate you and Severus' quarters with light birthday decorations, make a small cake, while also dressing for the teacher meeting, but leaving something else on underneath. AS all this was going on you were missing more and more of the meeting, but that hardly mattered today. You had promised Severus to be here on his birthday. While he always told you to never worry about it, you knew that he must be very upset and likely it's making it easier on the other teachers who only want what's best for him today. Some of the cake is done, and you check the time.

"Damn it! 8pm! Fuck, I'm missing the meeting, and it's getting late." Quickly you throw on your teacher attire and run out the door. After a decent five-minute jog through the whole lower half of the school you make it to the headmaster's office.

"Please, just let him at least try and be happy for tonight. Please don't let me mess this up." Opening the door, you get everyone's attention. You quickly walk over to where all the papers are placed on Dumbledore's desk while saying,

"Sorry everyone. Tried to get here as soon as I could, but it seems the job I was given," You glance over to Dumbledore who only gently looks at you, "Had a few extra things that needed to be done before I could return." You hold the papers and stay standing next to the headmaster.

"Hopefully my students haven't been in too much trouble, those lot need to stop jumping around the place all the time." Dumbledore quickly spoke up,

"Oh don't worry about them. We're glad to finally have you back, Mrs.Y/N." Dumbledore continued on with what he had previously been talking about and soon enough the meeting was over. Once everyone had let out all their thoughts on the night's meeting you quickly pulled Minerva aside to ask her something important.

"Hey, um. This probably seems odd of me to ask this, but, has Severus been acting upset and easily frustrated lately? Not that he isn't most of the time, but..." She smiles and responds.

"I get what you mean dear, and yes he has been a little on edge and has been acting quite upset for the past few days." You lower your head and frown to yourself.

"Damn it. That would be my doing." As you walk out of the headmaster's office Minerva says one last thing to you before you close the door behind you.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure he'll come around." After you've left Dumbledore and Minerva share a few words about you and Severus.

"They are quite soft on each other. Did you hear her smiling like an idiot when she looked at him?" Dumbledore laughed lightly and said,

"I think that we're the only ones that have noticed their friendly relationship."

You quickly move through the halls and try to get back to your quarters before Severus. You did ask another teacher however to distract him for a good few minutes before making sure he gets back to the quarters after you do. Once you're there, you look around to see if the teacher had failed at stalling him, but they seemed to have done their job. Quickly you take off your teacher attire and throw on some light flowing clothes to be comfortable. You stand in the living room by the door waiting for him to open the door. After a few minutes you feel even more nervous than before and constantly keep checking to make sure everything is how you want it. Soon though a good 15 minutes has passed and now your eyes are completely locked on the door.