Preference: You Prefrom a Dangerous Move on a Broom

Summary: You're trying out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and perform an impressive maneuver which makes him upset, but he secretly is shocked that you have that much skill on a broom.

It was tryouts for the next quidditch team for the start of Harry's sixth year. Loads of students tried out for all different positions, but most of them weren't even good enough to be chasers. You are one of the last few students looking to join the team on the last day of tryouts. All that is left are the other six years and seventh years. Once everyone is in the air it only takes a minute for a few students to be thrown off their brooms by Ginny. It's only you and one other girl fighting to catch up to her and take the quafle and the girl is being quite pushy. She slams into you more than once and tries to cut you off when you need to make some sharp turns. Nothing is more annoying to you than this girl, especially when she kicks the tip of your broom causing you to spin and start falling off your broom. A few seconds of panic run through your mind before you swing your leg over the side of the broom and start falling. With your broom just barely being held in your hand you quickly make your way to the ground feet first.

Knowing that this will be the make or break, you quickly pull out a maneuver that you saw official Quidditch players only do. All your strength goes into your one hand holding your broom and you bring it under your feet. Quickly you balance on it and are now standing on the broom like a surfboard. Before you know it you're coming up fast beside Ginny who is only paying attention to the girl chaser her and without effort take the quafle out of her hand glide your way over to the goal post and manage to throw it past a tryout keeper. Everyone who was trying out and even those waiting from the stands is completely in awe after watching you perform such a skilled maneuver. Harry and Ginny both clap for you before almost immediately saying that you're on the team.

Some time goes by as they both pick the other players for the team and soon enough, you're practicing with them. Having some time go by you end up asking Harry if he wants to learn a move that you created, and it can be something you share as teammates. Of course, he agrees to it and you both head up into the air. You explain to him what you're going to do and how to use gravity to your advantage when trying to get a broom back under you after falling off of it. Once he says he's ready to see you perform it once more you quickly slide off the side of the broom. In seconds the wind is roughly blowing on your face and your clothes whip around behind you. You decide to move a little slowly so Harry can see how it works a little better. Of course, by doing that you get a lot closer to the ground before you get the broom under your feet. You're maybe about five feet from the ground when you pull the broom up and you glide through the air once again. Everyone claps after seeing that it wasn't just luck that got you into the team but actual skill. However, someone who was coming up to the pitch was not happy. Snape quickly walks onto the field and shouts something at you and Harry. Knowing that this will only go one way you roll your eyes and glide your way over to him. Before you run into him you jump off the broom and grab it with your hand like you would when getting off a skateboard.

"Yes, Professor?" You ask plainly with a bit of a joyful smile on your face. You 100% just got his heart beating faster in fear that you might've hit him. He frowns and scowls at Harry for letting someone so reckless on the team. You tell Snape that you are well skilled and trained in doing these moves so there is nothing to worry about. He just goes into detail about how now that you have done it others will try. Blah blah blah, you both just nod your head and let him rant. Once he's gone you make sure to have a good explanation as Snape will go to McGonagall about this. However, what you don't hear is the conversation he has with her. Yes, he does warn her about it and about how dangerous it is for you to be doing such things, but he also tells her about just how perfect and easy it looked. He does share that he is impressed, and he wishes that you were sorted into Slytherin as this might've been the only chance he could've had to show McGonagall that his students are better.