A Violent Past, A Kind Soul {c.ai/continued part 2}

Summary: You are a teacher at Hogwarts who hides a dark past and only wants to make friends with your co-potions professor.

Teacher x Teacher

Time: Order of The Pheonix

Pairing: Snape x Female Y/N

Warnings: None

Recommended Songs: The French Library by Franz Gordon & Linger by The Cranberries (all songs can be found in my snape playlist in my Spotify account that is linked in my bio)

Previously...

"I suppose being far away from home can be a blessing, depending on what your situation was." He says, speaking in his normal voice, but in a rare moment of his life, he is caring about someone else's experiences. She lets out a huff of a laugh.

"Yeah, it can be." Her voice is now quiet and more emotional than Severus had heard before. Her gaze stays on her feet and her hands stay in her jacket pockets. 

He looks towards her for a moment, noticing the change in her tone and the way she is acting. Something has happened to make her more emotional, and he knows that whatever it is, it's likely not a topic that she wants to discuss at the moment. Severus decides to change the subject.

"So, what exactly was it about American wizarding schools that you wanted to get away from?" He questions in his calm voice.

"Hah! Everything. Every single thing. You might as well send your children to a prison camp if you send them to Iivermory." She has on a hurt grin as though she's trying to not think about something to do with the school. He's silent, but it's clear that she is not messing around with him/ The look on her face shows that there is something quite serious about her experience, even if she does not want to reveal it all at the moment.

"Do you... not want to talk about it?" Severus speaks slowly and in a blunt tone of voice that shows no indication of any emotion, just a simple question. Y/N is quiet again for a moment as she looks at the ground in front of Sever's feet. Her voice turns from emotional to an almost dark version of itself.

"Dumbledore made me swear not to talk about if I wanted a job here." His expression remains completely neutral as he prosses what she tells him. He then nods his head slightly.

"I see. If that is the case, then I will not push it." He is speaking a bit calmer, but his voice is still quite blunt and cold.

"I assume there is a reason why Dumbledore does not want you to talk about it?" he adds after a few seconds and glances at her from the corner of his eye. She scoffs showing a side of her that Severus didn't know could be in there.

"He's just trying to blackmail me. So, he has another professor in his debt." She stares at her feet once again.

"Not that I want to remember it all ever again anyway." He raises an eyebrow at her sudden change in tone but does not respond and instead continues to look out at the lake. A few seconds later, he glances back at her from the corner of his eye and asks her another question.

"What exactly did Dumbledore threaten you with to get you to swear your silence?" He is now quite curious about the incident, as he has not seen her show such a side of herself so far.

"Let's just say... The American Ministry would love to get their hands on me." Her eyes lock on the other side of the lake and her eyes seem to have a darkness in them. Severus wonders if he's not the only professor at Hogwarts that holds a dark secret. For the first time, Severus' tone and expression reflect curiosity as he looks over at her. His eyes look directly at her, examining her expression, and he is now quite intrigued.