Breath of the Night

Snape x Female Teacher

Book: Order Of The Phoenix

Recommend songs: Cover Me in Roses by Holden Laurence & So This is Love by Emile Pandolfi (all songs can be found in my snape playlist in my Spotify account that is linked in my bio)

Third Person POV

It was a party for The Order Of The Phoenix, Dumbledore himself had planned out most of it and had made the invites for everyone who is in the order or has helped them in the past. Everyone had some kind of costume on whether it was a plain and simple cat costume or a full-on special effects makeover, Tonks however just had to change her face and she was ready to go. Among the groups of people was Severus Snape who didn't bother dressing up and went in his normal clothes and then there was Y/N dressed up as a black cat, not your normal cat costume, but with rather actual claws that she could extend at a mere thought and had her long brown hair laying down on her shoulders. The party was taking place at her Aunt's house which she needed to get up when she died and the building was also an old place for the family of Ravenclaw to live in. As Dumbledore chatted with everyone in his field of view Severus was making his way around the crowds of people and either nodding or saying hello back to those who noticed him.

As he passed Molly and Arthur Weasley Molly said,

"Well hello, Severus! I didn't think I'd see you here tonight."

"Well at first I wasn't planning on coming, but Albus said it would be best for me to tag along, I say otherwise."

"Oh come on Severus, don't you think you could use some time away and out of the school for a change?" Arthur said trying to be a part of the conversation, but Severus wasn't listening because he frankly didn't care any kind of petty about his way of living.

"Come on Arthur, you know you can't make this stubborn man change his ways," Yousaid bumping Severus' shoulder as a sign that she was messing with him. Arthur and Molly slowly joined into a conversation just to the left of them to try not to make things awkward. Severus looked at her and raised an eyebrow trying to understand why she didn't hate him.

"Why do you still like me?" You almost felt like slapping him right across his face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She crossed her arms and looked at what was in front of her, not bothering to look at Snape.

"I almost got you killed last week, what do you mean you have no idea what I'm talking about."

"Sev, listen. I don't hate you and I never will, I know that you have a soft side and I've been working on finding it since we met. I don't care that you almost got me killed, people make mistakes and I wasn't killed so you don't need to worry about it." Nearing the end she looked over at him and saw that his face was still in denial and rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey, that costume is convincing. You might terrify a few too many guests tonight." She smiled at her comment as Severus just frowned and walked the other way. Y/N was chasing after him because she knew that he was only doing it to tease her. They had been good friends for about a year now and she didn't plan on leaving him any time soon. As she moved through the crowds of people she ended up losing sight of him because many people wanted to talk to her about the party and how nice the Ravenclaw house was. She wasn't listening and quickly left them once she had answered their questions or had finished saying thank you, but Snape had just gotten out of her sight. She blew a stray hair out of her face and went to the main stairs to the ballroom which was higher than the floor itself. Once she got to the top of the stairs she scanned the area looking for a darkly dressed tall man, but it was harder to find him than she had originally thought since half the people in the room were wearing black and most people didn't look like themselves. After a few minutes of looking for Severus, she gave up and walked over to the back ballroom where I had recently put in a bar. I walked up to it and asked the bartender for two shots of whiskey.