[ 011 ] chapter eleven

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

PULLING OFF A
MICHAEL SCOFIELD

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

Bucky and Sam watched in bewilderment as Czarina munched down on her third burger in the row, the girl didn't mind them and continued eating without shame. After the stressing conversation with Walker she pretty much just wanna eat it all away.

"Take it slow, kid." Sam remarked, sipping on his cup of coffee.

"Sorry, I just missed a lot of meals." She replied with a half full mouth.

"Wanna tell us about your little friend in Atlanta?" Bucky finally asked and gave a side eye to his daughter. Czarina placed down the half eaten burger and took a gulp on her drink before replying. "The longer or short version?"

"The proper version."

"Okay," she straightened on her seat. "Yuri told me the Red Poison didn't really work, it didn't become a serum at all. Which means the Flag Smashers got it from a different source. The KGB definitely didn't sell it in the black market."

"How did he know that?" Sam questioned.

"He was one of the test subjects for the final outcome of the serum in '98," she relayed the story. "It didn't work on him, or any of them. He was already considered the successful one yet he got almost half of his body burned to muscle."

"And you believe him?" Bucky tilted his head, crease lines forming on his forehead. "Isn't this someone from the Mansion? He's from that failed Wolf Spider ops. How do you know he's not lying to protect Department X?"

"You taught him by the way," she mumbled softly. "Levi broke him out of the Gulag when they took down the Red Room, he knew he could be trusted. And Yuri hates Department X as much as we do, I don't see any reason for him to protect something that no longer exists."

"What else did he say about the Red Poison? What happened after it didn't work?"

Here we go. "They abandoned and defunded the research in the early 2000s. They've already spent so much time and resources on it I guess they just didn't see the future on it anymore." Czarina explained. "Point is, my hunch is a dead end. Red Poison is not the serum we're looking for."

The two older men stared at her with quite a convinced look, they glanced at one another and nodded subtly. Sam was about to say something when his phone rang loudly, the man fished it out from his pocket.

"It's Torres." He informed them. "I need to answer this, he might have something about the Flag Smashers."

Bucky and Czarina gestured to him that it's okay. The man headed outside of the fast food store, leaving the two Barnes alone on their seats. Czarina wanted to go back to eating and finish the last of her head but her father suddenly opened the question she'd been hoping not to hear.

"Wanna tell me something else?"

Her stomach just did a somersault after she heard it. Bucky already looked as convinced as Sam a moment ago, and now he's here still being able to see through Czarina's half lie.