[ 002 ] chapter two

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

THE UNBREAKABLE
SCULPTURE

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

The room was a searing pain and it stays. It sticks in your skin and burns you to no end until you no longer recognise the body you're in.

After the last stage on the arena, the torture didn't stop. The superiors said that there was the final step on fully becoming a black widow. Something that will make them stronger and better.

But if being in that room was the price of becoming strong, then Czarina will very much prefer being the feeble girl among the five survivors. Yet she didn't have a choice. Even with all the screams and begging the doctors ears are sewn shut to even consider if the person in front of them wanted it.

Czarina was able to recover from the procedure, her body healed faster than the rest of the subjects who underwent it but after all, there was no healing strong enough to save her from becoming an empty shell of a person when the whole graduation ceremony was over.

Her voice and mind felt like it wasn't hers. Her mind belongs to the academy, her strength was for their purposes. Nothing was left to the girl to own except for the endless pain and anguish. That was all hers to carry.

Salvation from that hell came in the form of a strange sickness swallowing the girl's system slowly and agonising. The doctors said it was from the experiments and tests performed on her as a child, her body was deteriorating from the drugs and medicines used in genetic modification.

Czarina would have cracked up in a laugh at that clinic chair if she didn't hold herself. How ironic it is that they were trying so hard to make her an invincible soldier only for her body to start dying at the age of seventeen. The doctors, the Madame and the Red Room dug their own graves.

But of course they won't let such a prized possession to just slip out their hands that quick and easy. Once again the medical department of Red Room found a way to tie Czarina on that hell hole using a familiar technique from another super soldier.

Cryogenic Freezing. Until they find a way to cure her terminal disease she would be frozen and put in a suspended animation for the rest of her time. Similar to a living dead just like how the girl spent most of her life.

As the harsh ice coat all over body and the smell of gas crawled its way onto her lungs, the last thought on the girl's mind was seeing her brother again and possibly, maybe, the soldier friend that gave her a name. An anchor to the smallest bit of humanity left in her. Something that was enough for her to cling to. Czarina. That's my name. It's the only thing I have now. She told herself.

The girl knew it would be a long time but she didn't expect it to be that long.

Spring of 2009, the season of rebirth and new life, the girl came out of the ice as a newly revived super soldier. Awakened from her long slumber and reborn as what they call Nightshade. A title meant to put a claim of both Red Room and HYDRA to her.

It's been fourteen years to be exact yet she had the same age and look before being frozen.

The whole procedure was effective, she felt it in her body. She's so much stronger, more agile and has more quick reflexes than before. Even her healing abilities are so insane that she no longer needs medical assistance in major injuries. But even with all that invincibility and power there was only one good thing that happened when Czarina came out of the ice. It was meeting her brother again.