[ 003 ] chapter three

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

TO THE NEW
WORLD AND BEYOND

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

IN CZARINA'S DREAMS SHE WAS BACK IN THE ARENA.

Her head under the weight crushing dark waters that seem to reach deep down the girl's soul, offering the sweet escape she had been wishing for. Despite the freezing cold temperature that consumed her body, the whole moment felt like a salvation. Like freedom.

To float endlessly in a void without being concerned with the life above and what's beyond it sounds like a wonderful dream to her. No more fighting. No more killing.

At first the girl tried fighting the urge, but when her limbs started to numb and the resisting flail wasn't enough to stop the rapid sinking. She finally let go, her eyesight begins to blur as the cold water fills up her struggling lungs.

Succumbing the girl to an imminent demise. An inescapable one.

So this is what it feels like. She thought. I'm sorry, brother. I'll see you again when I can.

His face was the last and only thing that flashed on her head the entire time. Which isn't a surprise as he was all she had. All the things she did was partly fueled with the desperate idea that she might see him again after all this. But at this point it was Czarina who ends the very possibility

All of the sudden the calm waves were disrupted by a violent force and the silence that sheltered her was no longer there. Something grabbed on her shoulders and halted her towards the faint light coming off the surface.

Disoriented, Czarina gasped for air. Water splattering out of her nose and mouth as she panted and figured out where she was.

Why? The first word that comes off her, sounding with such disbelief and bitterness. She was close to being saved, to finally escaping the madness the girl was forced to participate in.

You don't want to die after all. A gruff voice replied.

And just like that, Czarina Barnes was pulled back to the very hell she was born into.

She woke up with a start. Tears pricking the sides of her eyes and chest pounding so loud, it felt numbing. Unlike in the nightmare the air wasn't freezing cold nor harsh, the smell of blood wasn't crawling on her nose and certainly she wasn't dripping wet. She is under warm covers with the morning sunlight peeking against the swaying thick curtains of their bedroom.

"Are you okay?" A concerned voice asked.

Czarina slightly tilted her head to give a small nod as she wiped off the tears that trickled down her cheeks. "I should really lay off the dairy at night." She quickly jokes, hoping it would redirect the topic of the conversation to a less serious one.

"I told you! It's not good for you." Ally replied.

Czarina only shook her head at her roommate. Seeing the girl's reaction makes her only wish it's the first time she saw her in that state. Because most of the time it's so much worse.