CHAPTER 2

Belle's POV :

The weird look of the suit guy stayed in my mind. Do I know him? No, no. I would've remembered a handsome face such as his. I continued my day, the thought of suit guy lingering in a corner of my mind. After submitting the assignment I spent the last night working on, I walked towards the lockers eager to finish the day and to get some much needed sleep, only to see someone leaning against it.

" Hey Belle".

It was Hector, my one and only friend in college. It wasn't like I was a social pariah, its just that I didn't like many people. Sure, I talk with many, but I wouldn't classify them as someone close to me, except Hector. With his 5'11'' height, great body and a blond hair-brown eyes combo, he was an eye candy for girls.

"Wassup Hector. I'm still waiting to meet your Troy", I said with a laugh.

"Alright, when are you gonna stop doing that?" , Hector asked with a frown.

The thing was, Hector was a Greek name, which meant courageous. Also Hector was the greatest warrior alongside Troy in the Trojan War. As soon as I came to know the meaning of his name, I would always ask about Troy whenever I meet him. It has become an introductory statement for me and an annoying, yet harsh realization for him.

"When I get an answer", I replied cheekily.

" I'll let you go this time because I got my revenge anyways", he shrugged, a smirk on his face.

His revenge ? Confusion marred my face. He didn't do anything that would be considered as revenge. His shoulders were shaking from controlled laughter, hands covering his face. Seeing my perplexed gaze, he took out his mobile and played Janice's laugh. My expression quickly turned from confusion to understanding to anger. My alarm.

"You bastard ! ",I lunged at him, hitting him with my bag. He just continued laughing, my bag doing no damage to his hulk sized body. I grabbed his hair, pulling it down, making him bend at his waist. His laughter stopped almost immediately. Guys protect their hair way too much.

"Wait Belle, not the hair", he stuttered almost pleadingly, his hand covered mine, desperately trying to save his hair.

"Oh not a chance, troy boy", I said smugly, " do you know how irritated I was when I woke up?"

I tugged his hair again, making him wince.

"I-I'm sorry ", he said, not sounding sincere at all, chuckling slightly.

"Come on, Belle, it was a joke."

Feeling a bit of pity, I let him go. He quickly straightened up, his fingers already fixing his hair.

"I am never giving you the pass code to my phone anymore", I huffed. He smiled, throwing his hand around my shoulder, walking us to my last class of the day.

"You never have to, your passwords suck, Belle", he guffawed,"They are predictable, even a kid could guess them."

" Really? I never gave it a thought "

We talked all the way to my class, bickering most of the time.

"Are you alright, Belle ?", Hector asked suddenly, voice laced with concern.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?", I yawned, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Because this is the 23rd time you're yawning in the last 10 minutes", he pointed out. His brown orbs wandered over my face, taking in the dark circles, and the hollow look.

"Oh, I didn't notice", I replied honestly, "Don't worry, I'm fine".

I reassured him, but the look on his face told me I failed miserably.

Hector was a worrywart. If I get a slight cold or a fever, he'll take me to the hospital and keep me there for a week, just because he could. Having your mother as a top surgeon in a hospital sure has its perks.

"Take care of yourself, Belle", he said, sounding worried.

"I will. I just have to finish this lecture, then I'll get back to my bed and sleep until I can't sleep anymore !"

He cracked a smile at that.

"I have to go now. I'll message you later", I smiled and turned around to go to my class, before Hector grabbed my wrist, making me stop. "Wait, Belle."

"What is it ?", I asked, expectantly. He looked like he wanted to say something, but quickly shook his head, dismissing any thought he had.

"Nothing, I'll talk with you later."

He let me go and turned around, walking away.

Weird. I thought, for the second time that day.

Attending the last class of the day, I took my seat in the back corner, waiting for the professor, Mrs. Potts to arrive. She was a sweet little woman but pretty ferocious when it comes to discipline.

"Alright kids, settle down. We still have a part of Pride and Prejudice left, so let's continue with it." She droned on and on about Mr.Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet while I continued to make another high score on Temple Run. Don't judge me,the game's addicting and I've already read Pride and Prejudice for about 5 times.

Finally, the bell rang and I was the first one to leave the class. On my way towards the cafeteria, I noticed some people peering at me, trying to be inconspicuous, but failing miserably. Not giving it much of a thought, I grabbed a slice of pizza and an apple and sat outside in the football field.

Enjoying my lunch, I saw a bit of a commotion at the college entrance. Huh, must be someone important for the dull students to be this excited. I kept on eating my pizza in peace. The weather was a perfect day to sit outside. A cold gush of wind blew the moment I felt cool droplets on my face. Ignoring the shrieking of girls to avoid the rain, I glanced upwards with a giddy smile on my face. I loved rain. Where everyone was running to get someplace safe, I just sat there, enjoying the cold breeze and petrichor, the smell of soil during the rain. 

Twice this day, I could feel someone looking at me, however this gaze warmed my insides. Weird, I thought for the third time that day. Instinctively, my gaze wandered towards the entrance, where just moments ago, there was a huge crowd. Now, there was just a single person standing, staring right at me. 

Thanks for reading !!!