CHAPTER 42

Belle's POV :

"BELLE !"

A familiar voice called me out, rekindling my hope. I looked at the corner of the woods to see Ryan standing with a worried look, while I felt myself smiling.

I won't die ! Not today !

His loud shout grabbed the attention of the wolves. They turned to growl at Ryan, their plan to attack me out of the window.

"Bella, do it now !", Riley whispered fiercely to me.

"What ?"

"The air blast !"

Oh right ! I held my hands outwards, concentrating on the familiar heat searing through me. Once my palms were burning brightly blue, I let go, feeling a strong force coming out from my hands. The air around me thinned, moving sideways due to the impact of the blast. The force was so strong, it made me stumble on my feet. I quickly regained myself to see half of the wolves now on the ground, unconscious, while the rest looked a bit wary and confused.

"It worked !!!", I exclaimed to Riley happily.

"Of course it did. That was a lot stronger than before", Riley concluded. I took a step forward to go to Ryan when I felt dizzy. I fell on my knees and grabbed my head. I was breathing heavily, it felt like I had just ran a marathon.

"Bella ! Are you alright ?", Riley asked in concern, crouching besides me. His blue eyes bored into mine, full of worry. Has it come to this that I'm worrying this small ball of sunshine?

I gathered my strength and stood up, taking a huge breath and smiling down at Riley.

"I'm fine, kiddo. Lets go meet my friend."

I turned around to see that the once calm clearing was becoming a bloodshed. There was one particular wolf, who was tearing off the rogues' necks, left and right. His size and speed amazed me.

It was Ryan.

Just as he was attacking a wolf, two more climbed on his back, one biting his shoulder and other biting his leg. He let out a loud wail of pain, immediately releasing the rogue in his capture. He tried shaking them off, but he was hurt and bleeding out from his injuries.

I need to help him !

Quickly, I gathered my energy and tried to blast them off but it didn't work.

Wait, what ? I stared down at my hands in disbelief. Now is not the time buddy !!!

"Bella, you need to pinpoint at those wolves", Riley said in urgency.

"I-I can't, its not happening !"

"Try again !"

So I did. But it didn't work. I tried again, but there was barely any strength left in me.

"Don't give up, Bella. We need to save your friend !"

I glanced at Ryan to see he was losing his strength, while the two wolves were overpowering him. He was growling weakly, trying his best to keep those wolves off him while fighting them.

Concentrate, Belle ! How will you face Eros when you couldn't save his friend ?

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and concentrated. The wind around was blowing hard, calming me. I imagined I was holding the surrounding wind in my hands, just like holding a football. It took a minute but the familiar feeling seeped into me. The wind pressure was increasing between my hands, while there was coolness around me. I could hear Riley gasp in awe, but I ignored it. I tried to compress the ball as hard as I could in my hands. I opened my eyes and saw a shimmery sphere compressed in my hands. The pressure was causing my palms to bleed but I paid it no heed. I aimed my hands at the wolves who were now on top of Ryan's wolf. I imagined throwing a football as hard as I can and let go. The strong pressure shaped like a ball flew towards the wolves and knocked them off Ryan's body.