CHAPTER 19

Another long chapter ahead, hope you guys enjoy !!!

Belle's POV :

"Are you alright ?"

The question I have been asked for a million times this week. If I could get a penny for every time I was asked, I would have enough money to buy myself a small house. God knows I really need a place of my own, now that I'm alone.

"You're not alone. I'm here with you ", Eros' voice resounded in my brain.

Well...

It has been two weeks since my world shifted on its axis. Two weeks since I realized I have to go on alone in my life. Two weeks since I have been staying at Eros' house, rather, his grandma's house. And a week since he has been giving me utmost attention. A week since my mind has been plagued by Eros.

Currently I was in the beautiful, well-maintained garden of the Agnellos', sitting on a bench, joined by Hector, my only friend and just spacing out.

Eros played a big part in my life for these two weeks. When I was suffering, he was the one who picked up the pieces and super glued them. He was the one who planned a funeral for my parents.

During the start, I would often wake up screaming, from bad nightmares, feeling scared and helpless. It would be Eros who would come rushing to me, calming me when I was in hysterics, and staying by me, every single time.

For the first week, Eros would tuck me in to sleep, only to join me back after some hours, when I would wake up the whole house, to console me. The second week, however, he decided not to leave. Instead, he brought a couch in the room, and would sleep there itself, accompanying me.

"Don't fight with me on this. This is my house, I can sleep wherever I want ", he had said, quite stubbornly. Sometimes we would sleep, sometimes we would talk, him on his couch, and me on the bed. Away from each other, but together at the same time. The talks would help me, distracting me.

My parents had a love marriage, which their parents never approved of. So, when the time came for the funeral, not either pair of my grandparents came, nor their relatives. It was just me, Eros, his grandma, Flynn, his best friend, and Hector. It was Eros who had called up Hector. Seeing my best friend made me happy for a bit. That guy could crack jokes on anything and everything. The funeral was a small ceremony, organized in the town church. Eros made sure everything was perfect. The day was cloudy, just the way my mom liked it. It was raining when we cremated them. The sky was mourning for the loss of two pure souls, with me. That day was another hard day for me. I couldn't sleep, so everyone kept me company. It was very heart touching to meet such great people.

Eros' grandmother, was the sweetest person I ever met. The hole of not having a grandparent was filled by her. She would often bake cookies for me, telling me stories about Eros' childhood, his escapades with Flynn. She was the loving elderly figure I never had.

"I guess I am", I replied to Hector's question. Gazing up at the sky, I smiled, knowing my parents would never want me to be sad.

"That's good enough", he nodded, joining me in staring at the sky. There were clouds today as well, some gray, some white, some fluffy, some small, floating freely, like I wanted to do.

"What's going on between you and Eros?", Hector muttered quietly, turning his head to look at me.

Me and Eros, huh. Damn if I knew.

"I don't know", I replied honestly. Eros has become someone special to me, in just a week. He has been a strong pillar to me, staying be me during my struggle, supporting me through my dark hours, never leaving.