CHAPTER 13

Belle's POV :

After having lunch with Eros, I had very little work left. So I was home at just 4:30 pm. The place I had rented was on the 2nd floor of the building. Surprisingly, there were not many people staying there. Just the landlord, me and another couple just below my apartment. The building looked a bit rundown, but with my paycheck, it was the only one I could afford. The one advantageous thing was that, the woods started from the backside of the building. That makes it enjoyable for me, when I sit in my window and just sip my tea, watching the woods. Some people would be creeped out by it, but I find comfort.

My apartment was big, atleast big enough for me. I had decorated it myself. There was a living room, a kitchen , my bedroom, which faced the woods, and a bathroom. It wasn't much but it was home. The hall looked bare at the starting, so I put up fairy lights all over the place, giving it a homey feel. The coffee table at the centre contained some magazines, and the bills I had to pay. The couch was pushed at one wall, a lot of pillows and a rug thrown over it and a tv on the front wall.

Freshening up, I made myself a cup of coffee and some sandwiches. I had already placed a chair near the window, with a table besides it. Grabbing my laptop, I decided to work on my hobby, my book. I placed my coffee and the plate of sandwiches on the table, and started working on my book.

Before I knew it, it was already dark. My muscles were screaming from sitting in just one place, so I got up and decided to make myself dinner. Grabbing some leftover lasagna from yesterday, I threw it in the microwave heating it up. While waiting for it to heat, I opened my phone to check my messages when I saw a missed call.

Oh, it must be Eros' call from before.

I decided to save his number, when I saw he had already saved it, naming it 'Hotshot CEO'.

Cocky much?

I changed the name to Cocky CEO, feeling proud of myself. Hearing the ding of the microwave, I took out my dinner and sat on my couch, playing some cartoon on the tv. Halfway through my dinner. I heard some rustling, so I went towards my window and moved away the blinds, glancing outside to check.

There was nothing.

I was about to turn, when I saw something move in the trees. What is that ?

Before I could do anything, the animal moved away.

What animal was it?

Before I could ponder on the thought, I got the answer.

Howl.

Suddenly, there was a loud howl, causing me to scream loudly. I stumbled on my legs, falling on my butt. My God, are there wolves here ? My heart thumped loudly, my hands were shaking. Feeling scared, I was about to call my parents, but I realized, if I told them, they would worry about me and ask me to come back. I was thinking what to do, when I saw my mobile and the missed call notification still there.

I could ask Eros right?

I mean we became friends now, so it won't hurt to just ask him ?

Trying not to think too much into it, I messaged Eros,

Hey, Belle here. I just wanted to ask you, there are no wolves in this area right ?

I hit send. I reread my message, proofreading it. Its casual enough, right ?

Not wanting to delve into those thoughts, I took my laundry for washing. After done with that, I tidied up my room, cleaned the whole apartment, and even mopped the floors.

It was 10:30 by the time I was done. I checked my phone to see if there were any messages, but came up empty handed.

Disappointed, I went back to sleep, trying not to feel dejected.