- 30 -

Veronica and Ashlynn rushed into the hospital. They could barely fit themselves through the door side by side with how much stuff they were carrying.

The two looked frantic and horrible. Traffic held them back by 13 minutes. Ashlynn pointed at the reception desk that was located at the right side. The two practically ran towards the desk and crashed into it, startling the front desk lady.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a monotone voice.

"What room is Nora Fox in?" Veronica asked, pushing some of her hair back.

The lady sighed loudly and began searching through her computer very slowly. It was driving Ashlynn insane. "Excuse me, can you please move faster?" She asked. The lack of attitude was still shown through her voice, but she tried to sound as nice as she could.

"Ma'am, I am moving as fast as -"

"A sloth." Ashlynn whispered.

"Ash." Veronica said. The last thing she needed on her mind was a fight breaking out between Ashlynn and a nurse.

"I don't see a Nora Fox." Ashlynn and Veronica were baffled. "I see a Nora Sofia Maria Adriana -"

Ashlynn and Veronica began shouting 'Yes, that's who were taking about' or 'It's about ten names and you want me to say every single one of them?' The front desk lady did not seem happy with them as she rolled her eyes, pulled out her wand and drew with the tip of her wand the numbers '236'.

"There's your room number. Now please, go away and try not to be too loud. Their are other patients in this hospital as well and I'm sure they would like to have some peace and quiet."

Ashlynn was about to say something crude, but Veronica pulled her away before she had the chance to open her mouth. "Let's not start another problem. You already have enough of those for now."

Resting her hand on her still flat stomach, Ashlynn knew she needed to calm down. It sadden her how much she would freak out or open her mouth to retort about something. It never occurred to her how unhealthy that was for, not just her baby, but for herself. She really needed to fix that.

The level that they were on was not the correct one. They needed to take an elevator. Again, they were running around the hospital, trying to look for the elevator that seemed to be no where to find. It was really annoying Ashlynn and it was getting really hard for her to stay calm. 

I really picked a good time to get pregnant, didn't I? 

Eventually, they were able to follow the signs that were above their heads and guide themselves to the elevator. Their arms were dying with the amount of weight they were carrying and their feet were sore from running around the hospital. Ashlynn felt like her legs were about to give way beneath her if she took another step forward. 

"These feel like they've gained ten pounds." Ashlynn breathed, her lungs dry as a desert.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready for - what?" She repeated panting.

Veronica regained her breath, standing up straight, before answering her question. "Are you ready to face what's behind these doors?"

Ashlynn knew what she was talking about, but there are always those topics you never have the heart to discuss about. "I've seen worse cases than Amelia's. I'm sure a little blood and cuts won't frighten me too much."

Veronica sighed. "Aquí vamos de nuevo." (Here we go again) "I know you don't want to talk about it, hon, but they are here. You can't ignore the problem at hand your going to face. The man you left with a broken living room is there and the man that left you alone to deal with the affair that happened between you to is there as well. It's going to be a difficult situation for you and I don't want you to feel overwhelmed."