S A F E

Charlotte once again found herself in her rocking chair, a sense of comfort she always found when sitting in the chair peacefully consuming her

In thirty seven minutes a strange man would be in her home at least in the general area considering Charlotte had decided it would be best to talk outside. When Charlotte had first moved into her house the first thing she had done was have a patio built at the back of her house.

It was small, only just bug enough to shelter the chairs and little table from the rain but Charlotte liked it that way, she wanted to take over the least amount of the forest as she could, weather she owned the land or not it was not hers and she would not disturb it.

Charlotte had remembered how much her family had questioned her when she moved into her house, while they never said it to her face she had heard them talking about it. how far it was, how eerie it was but that didn't matter to Charlotte, it was her home, it was safe.

Charlotte hadn't noticed the car pull up, too caught in her own thoughts though she did hear the familiar three knocks before Oliver announcing his presence. This time Charlotte did leave her chair to greet her brother.

"How are you feeling?" Oliver queried.

"I'm okay." Charlotte lied, in truth she was riddled with nerves, nausea rolling through her like a tsunami.

Oliver's eyebrows furrowed in concern as he scanned his sisters face nevertheless he let it go with a nod.

Charlotte anxiously pace around her kitchen trying to find something to busy herself with though she was failing miserably, the room already spotless much like every other room in the house.

"Why don't you go sit outside, he'll be here soon, is it okay for me to bring him through the house?."

Charlotte nodded, she hated the way he was speaking to her like she was a porcelain plate she was not going to break, at least not until he left. All the same Charlotte took what he said into account deciding it was best for her to wait outside, at least out there there was air unlike the kitchen which had all to quickly become too hot for Charlotte.

Oliver headed for the door when he heard the defined knock. Pulling open the door and gesturing for the man to come inside. The man once again show cased his mannerism reaching a hand out once again to shake Oliver's. "Good to see you again." The man greeted. "Thank you for coming."

Oliver guided the man through his sisters house right through her kitchen taking the time to explain the situation. "My sister wanted to have the meeting outside, I hope that's okay."

Alastair nodded following Oliver out through the door not before scanning the room and taking note of it.

The creaking of the door reached Charlotte's ears not long after she had settled herself outside, gripping the sleeve of her worn grey jumper tighter for comfort she kept her gaze on the forest before her breathing in the fresh crisp air.