M I S T A K E

Charlotte knew better than to think that she was anything was going to come from the kiss but despite that she hadn't expected the greeting she got the next morning.

Charlotte was anticipating Alastair's arrival at breakfast as she sat going through her e-mails whilst eating her breakfast.

Hearing the heavy thump of his footsteps against the stairs had Charlotte straightening up contentiously. "Morning." Charlotte greeted as he stepped in to the kitchen.

Alastair gave a slight nod of his head and set about grabbing himself a plate and dishing out food onto it for himself.

Alastair had always been quite besides for when digging information from Charlotte but Charlotte thought they had been making some form of progress, talking for longer amount of times and spending more time in each others presence by choice but even at the very start before Charlotte would have considered them friends he had said good morning back.

How could he go from smothering her with his lips to not even saying good morning, maybe he needed his own live in psychologist.

It was deathly silent as the two ate, the tension clear nut not spoken upon.

Alastair was quick to finish his food bringing his plate over and clearing it off and heading straight for the door.

He froze for a minute at the doorway but didn't turn

"I apologies for my actions yesterday, it was a mistake."

A mistake?

Charlotte didn't have a major amount of experience but she knew that anything that felt like that was certainly not a mistake, maybe she would just have to prove it to him.

Alastair and Charlotte had not spoken much since the kiss, Alastair still followed through with his walks and Charlotte still went to the therapy sessions in the mornings even though she was still yet to tell him anything about her past.

Charlotte was frustrated beyond belief at Alastair but she had decided to use him to advantage.

Ever since Alastair had moved in he had taken to picking up her post in stead of Oliver and as Charlotte clicked on the buy button she knew Alastair was about to suffer.

Charlotte was no fool, she knew what she felt for Alastair was lust yet she had no fear on acting on her desires and despite how wrong it was Charlotte also knew if her desires were to turn into something else she would have no qualms.

Despite the months getting colder Charlotte's house was always warm and having a guest over Charlotte had kept her clothes mostly modest but having had the heating system on all day Charlotte found her self to be too hot.

Charlotte had managed to find the perfect outfit pulling an old pair of biker shorts from the back of her closet and a tank top. Despite how often Charlotte had been forced to wear a bra whilst her guest had been staying it did not become any more tolerable so Charlotte decided to go without one.

Pulling her hair from its ponytail Charlotte began to make her way down the stairs.

She found Alastair sitting at the head of her kitchen table sipping at a cup of coffee whilst his laptop was open in front of him.

Charlotte gave Alastair a smile when his eyes flickered up to meet hers, taking his time to scan her body, gaze settling on her chest.

Charlotte paid no mind to his staring making her way over to the coffee pot but noting late hour decided on a glass of water instead.

Charlotte sat to the side of Alastair and began to slowly sip at her water while blatantly staring at the man before her.

Alastair sighed after a few minutes. "I can feel you staring at me."

"I'm not staring." Charlotte didn't look away.

Alastair looked up from his laptop giving Charlotte a displeased look. Charlotte didn't say anything bringing the glass up to her lips and taking a long drink, a single drop escaping her lips and trailing down Charlotte's chin to her neck continuing it's path right down to beneath her top.

Alastair's eye's were once again on her breast, zeroed in on her hardened nipples after following the trail of water.

Charlotte set the glass back on the table smirking to herself.

The tension in the room was thick.

Alastair cleared his throat returning back to his screen. "I've been meaning to talk to you."

Charlotte hummed as a signal for him to continue.

"A friend of mine will be in America soon and he needs somewhere to stay."

Alastair's eye's met Charlotte's as he closed the screen of his laptop giving her his full attention.

"Having me living with you was a big step for you but while some progress has been made I don't want to push you too far so if you you're not okay with that in any way there will be no hard feelings, this is your space." He assured.

Charlotte thought to herself for a minute.

The normal anxiety that would have flooded her at the thought didn't seem to be present and Charlotte certainly had the space in her house, she had been disappointed in herself for her reaction about the shop and maybe she hadn't been trying her best.

"He can stay."

Alastair furrowed his eyebrows.

"Charlotte you don't have to , there's plenty of other places he could stay."

"Honestly i'm okay with it." Charlotte reassured.

Alastair still didn't seem sure but he nodded none the less. "I'll let him know, but if you change your mind don't hesitate to let me know."

Charlotte began to get up from the table not bothering to fix the already short shorts that had ridden up and she left her glass in the sink.

"Goodnight, Alastair." Charlotte called before leaving.