16: Donghyuck is Not Jealous

The boys' favorite noodle place was as busy as ever, full of students coming after their late evening classes and corporate workers in need of a quick dinner

The boys' favorite noodle place was as busy as ever, full of students coming after their late evening classes and corporate workers in need of a quick dinner. Typically, Donghyuck would take it as a challenge to be the last ones to leave only once the noodle aunty kicked them out, but tonight his leg was bouncing from how much he wanted to get home. He glanced at his watch to see that it was almost eleven and he quickly drank the last of his soup.

"Move your asses, let's go," Donghyuck demanded, holding his hand out to get the other boys' share of the bill.

"It's not midnight yet, where the hell are you rushing off to?" Jaemin casually asked, only halfway through his bowl of soup. He was Donghyuck's opposite; while Donghyuck could finish a full meal in five minutes without choking, Jaemin's shortest record was fifteen minutes. But since normally Donghyuck enjoyed hanging out after eating, Jaemin was never pressured into finishing up, until tonight.

"I have to get home. Some idiot's going around pressing random doorbells and throwing pies in people's faces." Donghyuck gave up on waiting for Jaemin and pulled out money from his wallet for Jaemin's share, to which the soup-slurping boy grinned in delight.

"Aww, are you worried about your roommate?" Renjun smirked, resting his chin in between his hands.

Donghyuck responded by slapping Renjun's shoulder with the wad of cash he was holding.
"I'm not worried about her. I'm worried about the ding dong ditcher."

"Yeah, you should be," Jeno said seriously. "I taught her how to use a baseball bat and it was frightening how good she was."

Though he had already stood up to head to the cashier, Donghyuck immediately fell back into his seat and narrowed his eyes at Jeno.

"You taught her how to use that bat? I didn't know you two were so close."

While Renjun and Jaemin were already exchanging naughty glances, Jeno nodded innocently.

"Yeah! We Facetime a lot because she wants to see my cats and she's cool to talk to. You're lucky you're living with her, man."

Lucky?

Donghyuck subconsciously pressed his tongue to the inside of his cheek. He wasn't sure why, but this new piece of information didn't make him all that happy.

"Someone's jealous," Renjun sang. "Relax. Jeno's as close to her as she is to me and Jaemin."

"That's exactly why I'm jealous. You're my best friends," Donghyuck scoffed. "But you're all close to the girl I don't like? That must be against the Bro Code somewhere."

"Sure, if you actually had a reason to not like her," Jaemin finally took the last sip of his soup.

"I can name you plenty of reasons why I don't like her."

"Sure. Give us one."

Donghyuck opened his mouth, only to close it back again when nothing came to mind. He racked his brain for ideas but everything that popped up would have another small voice retaliate against it.