23: #Pray4Jiseol-She Isn't Dead, but She Wishes She Was

When Jiseol finally woke up, she could barely remember who she was

When Jiseol finally woke up, she could barely remember who she was. Her brain couldn't even decide what to register first. She could acknowledge the intense rise of bile up her throat, or she could feel the stabbing pain in her head, or she could be aware of how her entire body felt like it was burning.

Yet the first thing her brain let her register was also the worst: a chronological recollection of what had happened last night.

Jinyoung's confrontation.
Drinking way beyond her limit.
Passing out.
Suddenly finding herself on Donghyuck's back.
Donghyuck carrying her home.
Donghyuck taking care of her.
Donghyuck...

Jiseol gulped, her saliva tasting like fire down her throat. She didn't know why her brain would do this to her but even though she couldn't remember her own name right now, she began to remember every little detail of Donghyuck's interception of her night.

Donghyuck helping her change.
Donghyuck wiping her makeup off.
Donghyuck tucking her in.
Donghyuck touching her face and saying something she couldn't remember.

But she did remember what she said to him.

"Donghyuck...have sex with me."

Hearing her own voice say those words, it was what sent Jiseol running to the bathroom. She collapsed to the floor on her knees, clutching the toilet like her life depended on it. As she emptied what seemed to be her whole soul into the toilet bowl, she felt a hand gently rub her back and the sudden worry that it was Donghyuck made the hand's warmth linger longer than she'd like.

Once the voice of her companion spoke, Jiseol didn't know whether to sigh in relief or disappointment.

"Looks like I swung by right on time," Chenle muttered. He helped Jiseol as she wobbled to her feet and held her hair back while she hung over the sink, attempting to wash up.

"What the hell happened, Park Jiseol? I almost called the cops on you."

A wave of Jiseol's hand dismissed his question. He understood it as that she wasn't ready to talk and Chenle knew better than to pry.

"Fine. Tell me whenever you're ready. But I'm not going to wait either because the next time I see Jinyoung I'm chopping his d—"

"Is Donghyuck home?" Jiseol croaked. Her face was so flushed and she couldn't be sure if it was because of her physically unwell state or because she had zero idea on how to face Donghyuck.

"He just left actually. It's like, twelve at noon," Chenle shrugged. Then there was a glint of amusement across his face. He didn't bother hiding his smile as he said,

"He skipped out on his morning class, you know. Stayed by your side the whole night and the entire morning."

Jiseol winced. That made her feel a lot worse. She leaned into the sink, groaning as she clawed at the mirror. "Shit, fuck, fuck, fuck. I'm so fucking embarrassed."