43: Real First Kiss_Final_Final Copy (1).docx

"I need your help

"I need your help."

Chenle raised an eyebrow. He then crossed his arms and asked in a low, serious tone, "How much blood do you need there to be?"

"What?" Donghyuck raised his voice. He didn't bother acknowledging the other people in the McDonald's who shot odd looks at him.

"Oh, you're talking about a different kind of help," Chenle hummed as Donghyuck stared at him in both concern and horror. "What do you need? Do you need me to help you get together with Jiseol? Because I have a whole briefcase dedicated to that."

"It's not so much of the getting together part, it's more of the sealing the deal part that I need help with," Donghyuck said slowly.

Chenle was smart enough to catch on. "Wait, hold on, does that mean...?"

Donghyuck offered him a shy smile that answered his question. "I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet but the other night, we just talked about how we felt for each other and it was mutual. So yeah, we're heading in that direction. Are you okay with that?"

"Are you fucking kidding?" Chenle turned into a water park immediately; eyes red, tears down his cheeks. People were wondering what kind of pain he could be going through while munching through a BigMac.

"How did this happen? Oh my God, I knew she was hiding something from me! Eventhough it's been obvious for like, years that you two are meant to be. I just didn't know she could realize it without my help. I've waited so long for this, oh my God...would I be an uncle soon?"

Donghyuck's face scrunched up. "Dude, get your shit together. I really need your help on this."

"Right, right," Chenle wiped his tears away with the bun of his burger. "Okay. What do you need me to do? I'll do anything for you two."

"I want to ask her to be my girlfriend but I don't just want to ask her and be done with it. I want to do something special. I've been stuck on the three same ideas and I'm going on a boys' trip in two days so I really want to give it to her before I go. I was hoping you'd have any ideas of what Jiseol would like in a proposal."

Chenle whistled. "Wow, Jiseol? You're whipped cream, my man."

"Could you blame me? I mean, look at her," Donghyuck sighed dreamily as he showed a photo of Jiseol on his phone where she was scowling, midway stuffing a large brownie chunk into her mouth and had her hand up to block the camera.

"Well, first of all, she hates anything that's publicized. She would hate those proposals where you put up large signs or take up public space. Also she absolutely hates it when guys sing to her, so don't even think about a serenade. One time I sang to her and she threatened to eat my foot. But to be fair, that was probably because I was singing Who Let the Dogs Out the whole day."

"Right. So no serenading her with Who Let the Dogs Out."

"Unless you want her to eat your foot."