35: Finally, It's the Freakin' Halloween Party

"I am never touching your toes ever again!"

Donghyuck watched with clear exasperation on his face as Jaemin whined in response, still shaking his foot in the air. While this drunk young man hopped on his other foot, begging for another massage, the other drunk young man (Renjun) was sitting on the edge of the couch and staring into nothing, visible tears rolling down his cheeks. The annoyance Donghyuck felt was halted in a moment of genuine concern.

"Renjun, you okay?"

With a slow turn of his head and a heavy sigh, Renjun shook his head.

"Snakes don't have arms," he whispered as he choked on a sob.

"Motherfu—"

Concern vanished like it was never there; Donghyuck's irritated expression reappeared. Nothing could trip his already short fuse more than having to drag his intoxicated friends back home after the ball that he organized. What made it worse was that Jaemin only took three sips and was harder to handle than Renjun.

"Look, the only reason I agreed to drop you two off is because I need to know what exactly happened at the Halloween party two years ago," Donghyuck pinched the bridge of his nose. "But obviously, neither of you can even spell out your own names for me."

"I can. It's J... e.... n... o."

"Your name is Jaemin."

In between dramatic sniffles, Renjun threw his hands on Donghyuck's shoulders and looked dead straight into his eyes.

"Find Chenle. He knows." Renjun said seriously.

"How would Chenle know? He wasn't a student two years ago."

"I told him."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I thought you knew! It's your story!"

Donghyuck felt a tension headache creeping up and decided that the boys could take care of themselves. He told them to go to sleep as he left the apartment, jogging down the stairs all the way to his car that still had the ignition on.

"Took you long enough." Jiseol commented, sitting pretty in the passenger seat. She had taken her mask off and Donghyuck had to do a double take; it felt like he simply could not get enough of how she looked tonight. It was driving him insane.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" her voice trembled.

"Like what?"

"Like you're going to eat me alive."

Donghyuck paused. He then realized that he did look like a creepy pervert. One hand on the wheel, one hand on his lap, his whole body twisted towards her with his tongue subconsciously grazing his teeth as he stared at her from head to toe. Instantly, he fixed his posture and cleared his throat, turning his gaze away in shame.