˗ 𝜏𝘩𝑟𝜀𝜀ˏ ˋ 𝐹𝛥𝛱𝐺 𝛳𝐹 𝑆𝐻𝐼𝑆𝐻𝐼 ˎˊ ˗

⍣ ೋ

⍣ ೋ

"Y/N," Mayleen called her ten-year-old daughter, gaining her attention, "There is a lot you need to know about your Elemental powers, but one thing you should know, is that you are nothing like your father," she comforted, seeing the worried look on her daughter's face after she explained how she defeated Edward.

"If dad was bad and evil with powers, how did you beat him?" Y/N asked curiously, sitting back on her haunches.

"Where I come from, we are empowered by the magic from the Great Protector," she answered, tucking a strand of her daughter's hair behind her ear, "But you have something more than that. You have the power to hold the heart of Yōuyuè de Fènghuáng."

"Yōuyuè de Fènghuáng?" the H/C haired girl repeated in dubiety.

Mayleen picked up an origami of a miniature phoenix and handed it to her, "Yōuyuè de Fènghuáng is a mystical being that was seen by our ancestors. It responds to the calls and aids the person who have the power of the elements of Earth inside their palm. It wasn't seen by anyone, until you."

"I saw one at the edge of the forest," Y/N remembered, once noticing the flap of a bright orange wing within the trees. When she tried to look again, it was gone.

"Which means, you have the power to summon it," Mayleen stated, glowing in pride at her daughter.

"You think I can really do that?"

"When you're older," she assured, "And when you do, you will be able to do some amazing things."

"Can you still do those things?" Y/N asked, referring to her abilities.

Mayleen shook her head, "I left those power in Ta-lo with my city after I defeated your father, but what I got instead is so much better," she beamed at her daughter.

A series of knocks echoed from the entrance of the room and the two turned towards it to see Ying Li, adjusting the sling bag around herself.

"Hello Y/N," she sent a warm smile at the child's way, walking over to her, and caressing the top of her head.

"Hello," she spoke back politely.

"Y/N!" Shang-chi ran into the room and crashed into her, squeezing her in a bear hug and making her giggle.

"Now, now, Shang-chi," Ying Li sat beside Mayleen with a fond chuckle, "Let her breath,"

"Did you get what I asked for?" Mayleen asked her.

"Yes, of course," she pulled out a small triangular dagger from her bag and held it out, "Was a bit of a struggle if I'm being honest."

"What's that?" Shang-chi leaned forward to get a look.

"The fang of Shishi," Ying Li responded, "I want you to have it, Y/N,"

"Why me?" Y/N shifted in her place to sit more comfortably.

"It'll help you control your powers, when you can't," Mayleen inserted a black string through the hole of the fang, turning it into a chain, "Whenever you feel overwhelmed, anxious, I want you to cancel out everything around yourself and focus on the feel of the fang between your fingers," she motioned for her to lean forward and hooked it behind her neck, letting it it a bit below the dip of her collarbone.

Y/N peered down at the chain, feeling it between her fingers, hoping that she could one day master the abilities without any disruptions, in determination to not take a bad turn as her father did.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘