˗ 𝑠𝜀𝜈𝜀𝜋𝜏𝜀𝜀𝜋ˏ ˋ 𝑇𝐻𝛴 𝑇𝛤𝑈𝑇𝐻 𝛥𝐵𝛳𝑈𝑇 𝛴𝐷𝑊𝛥𝛤𝐷'𝑆 𝐷𝛴𝐹𝛴𝛥𝑇 ˎˊ ˗

⍣ ೋ

⍣ ೋ

Y/N was thrown to the ground for what felt like the nth time. Chang Bo stood over her, having tackled her himself. He was training his niece in one of the combat rooms inside a hut, which had a large circular sparring mat with inscriptions on its circumference.

"You're not trusting yourself," he observed, watching the way she was holding back her punches.

"That's because," she pushed herself up to her knees, looking up at him, "I'm scared of losing control," she clutched the fang that hung around her neck, trying to calm her nervous breaths.

"If you can believe a mere lifeless object, why can't you believe in yourself?"

Y/N looked up at him, slowing getting up to her feet.

Chang Bo held out a hand, indicating for her to give the Fang to him. After a few seconds of contemplation, Y/N tugged the Fang off with the chain and handed it to him.

Holding it, he walked towards the Ying-Yang poster on the wall behind him, which had the statue of a Shi Shi at the entrance of the hut — which had a fang missing.

Chang Bo inserted Y/N's Fang into the empty slot of the statue and stepped back.

Y/N watched as the statue split in half, each part moving away from the other.

He reached in between the two parts and pulled out a dark sword, which was intricated with several overlapping lines of red dragon scales in the middle.

"Mayleen had it made for you especially," he held out the sword to her, "Knowing that somehow you'd reach here.

Y/N felt the weapon in her hold, running her fingers through its blade.

"We might wanna move this outside," he led the way out of the hut.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘

Y/N walked into a combat ring at the corner of the forest with her uncle; it had

"Know you're blessing, and bend it to your will," he advised her.

"See, that's the difference between you and me," Y/N scoffed up at him, "You call it a blessing, but I call it a burden,"

Chang Bo stared at her for a while, "You're right. It's all in the way we see," he held a fighting stance, motioning for her to charge forward.

"Aren't you gonna need a," she waved the sword in her hand, "A weapon, too?"

Her uncle smiled at her, "No," slowly, he raised his right palm over his head, his other one following suit. The air around him began to bend to his will, following his hand movements. It formed a spiraling gust of wind tornado around him, not harming him in any way.

The two charged towards each other; Y/N used her sword to block the streak of wind and drove it under to aim it at him.

But Chang Bo crossed his wrists under hers, pushing her hand away from him. He swiped his foot behind her own to trip her.

Y/N was quick and lifted her leg and took a step back in time. Spinning her sword in an intricate motion, she lifted it to swing it at him.

Chang Bo motioned with a twirl of his fingers, knocking the blade from her hand. Another air current followed, sending her rolling backward on the ground with a low groan.

Slowly, Y/N sat up on her haunches, her sword laying far away from her.

"If you want to know who you truly are, you must face both the good and bad," he watched her hold her head in her hand, "It's what makes you your true self,"

"I tried running away from it," you muttered, "But I can't. I know dad is dead, but"

"Edward is not dead," he clarified, making her look up at him with a baffled expression.

"What,"

"With the powers, he had gained through unethical, or as one would say, evil manner," Chang Bo narrated, "He was too strong. A lot of our people paid the price before Mayleen and Li defeated him,"

Y/N remained silent, listening to him intently.

"He almost overpowered your mother, his desire for power overtook his mind," he carried on, "Mayleen and Li shut him beside the Dark Gate, unable to contain him,"

"So he's alive?" Y/N gulped at the mere possibility.

"With the Dweller-in-Darkness," Chang Bo nodded grimly, "But in a confined state, as would say, in a coma stage. And with the Ten Rings, he will be released and resurrected back. And he will come for you. Not only because you're his blood, but also because of the power you were born with."

She sighed heavily, looking past him at the mountains which had the Dark Gate. Right beside it was a rectangular doorway carved into the mountain, almost invisible.

"Do they know?" Y/N asked, "The people here?"

"They do," he replied, grabbing the sword from the floor, "They're already preparing themselves for it. I already lost my sister, and I'm not willing to lose my niece too,"

Y/N snapped her eyes to him and noticed his expression of grief and determination.

"When he comes for you," Chang Bo held out the sword to her, "I want you to be ready,"

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘