˗ 𝜏𝜔𝜀𝜋𝜏𝜑-𝜏𝜔𝜎ˏ ˋ𝛥𝐺𝛥𝐼𝛱𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝛴 𝐹𝛥𝑇𝐻𝛴𝛤𝑆ˎˊ ˗

⍣ ೋ

⍣ ೋ

The four of them were engaged in rageful, two-to-two combat. Wenwu had shot his Rings out at Shang-Chi, who dodged it away just in time.

Y/N rolled over in the ground to her side when a dark blade was swung at her by her father.

She blocked his weapon with her own and stepped back. She ducked when he swung the sword at her head and clashed it with her own.

Y/N blocked every blow and punched Edward in his abdomen, guiding a strong gust of wind along with it, making him stumble back.

Huffing, Edward squared his shoulders as he held his sword in position; pausing before he attacked again.

Wenwu continued to shoot the Rings at his son. Shang-Chi blocked each close hit and used the abilities that he had recently picked up in Ta Lo, throwing him off his feet. Wenwu used the rings to land safely on the cliff, looking up to his son with hatred and anger.

He sent five of the Ten Rings hurdling towards his son; Shang-Chi moved around them with ease and precision, spinning mid-air and landing back on his feet with the Rings around him.

The glow of the Rings shifted from blue to orange as a hum echoed through the air around him.

Shang-Chi watched them for a few seconds, before waving his hand to his side, realizing that five of the Rings were now under his control.

Still not giving in, Wenwu lassoed the remaining rings in his control; Shang-Chi used his set of Rings to block every attack. The rings eventually tangled together, both men pulling on their end strongly as they both refused to submit defeat and glared ahead.

Y/N pushed Edward's blade away with her own and kicked his chest. She spun mid-air as she tried to drive her sword through him, but he pushed her back, flipping away from her.

With a yell, Edward clashed his sword with Y/N's, the act causing the mist to clear around them from the vibrations.

Y/N blinked when her sword had caught fire, lit ablaze with a reddish-orange hue.

Her powers had never bonded or influenced into any of the weapons she used, given that they'd just end up burning out. But the sword that her uncle had given her seemed to be specially made for her. And was able to connect with her, channeling the power according to her current state of mind: rage.

The two directed their aims at each other, ducking and swinging their blades whenever possible.

Y/N hit him in the face, making him stagger a bit, and ducked past him under his arm. Her sword slashed his thigh in the process. With a swift spin, she caught Edward's wrist and force him to drive his sword into himself.

Edward gasped at the action; his breath spluttering in his windpipe as he locked eyes with his daughter, who had an unreadable look on her face; vividly reminding him of the time Mayleen defeated him.

Shang-Chi pushed his father back before they both started to throw the rings at each other. He flipped over, using the Rings to parkour himself up, and sent a kick at his father, who managed to block the blow of the rings with his set of Rings, sending both of them flying backward at the clash.

With his fury rising, Wenwu sent a powerful punch was delivered to the ground. The Rings pulled up from underneath Shang-Chi, knocking him into the air to meet his father. Wenwu had jumped up, taking the rings back and punching Shang-Chi back down into the wall of the Dark Gate.

Shang-Chi strode forward from the mist and had collected all of the Rings to spin around him as he stood against his father. Holding both his palms at his side, he manipulated the Rings to spin in a rapid spherical motion. Wenwu held up a stance, waiting for his son to make the first move to attack.

But he dropped them all to the ground with a clatter, refusing to fight his father again.

"I have to save her," Wenwu told Shang once again, trying to get him to help, "She's calling to me,"

Y/N pulled her sword from Edward's body, catching the elder man's eye as he said so.

"I wish that were true. Dad, please. Your family needs you." Shang-Chi tried one last time to talk him down.

"Let me out!" Wenwu heard his wife call out to him once again, looking to the wall where he thought she was being kept.

The wall behind them grew dark as voices echoed through the door, the scales on its paling. A large dragon crashed through the wall, breaking out of where it had been locked away for several decades. It flapped its large ebony wings, screeching loudly, as though to proclaim its return.

Y/N gaped in horror, "What the fuc—"

"Shit," Shang-Chi muttered.

The beast swooped down towards the standing trio near the Dark Gate.

A look of realization spilled across Wenwu's face. He summoned the Rings back, using them to launch himself at Shang-Chi and Y/N to tackle them out of the way.

Unfortunately, Wenwu had been grabbed by the Dweller's tentacle, away from the two.

Y/N and Shang-Chi watched with helplessness as the creature slowly sucked his soul away.

Wenwu had a silent look of apology as he watched them for one final time, eyes lingering on Y/N as though to request for her forgiveness separately.

He launched the Rings back to Shang-Chi's arm, and the blue glow in them turned orange once again.

Wenwu's lifeless body fell motionless on the ground, head lolling to the side.

Shang-Chi looked up and held his hand to his side to protect Y/N as his other hand was ready to shoot the Rings at the creature in front of him.

Just when the Dweller made to reach towards them, The Protector and the Defender lunged at it, pinning it to the mountain behind and thrusted it upwards and away from the pair.

Seated on the Protector was Xialing, glancing back down to see if Y/N and Shang-Chi were alright.

The Protector tossed the Dweller away from the mountain, just when the Defender used her claw to kick it off.

After regaining itself mid-air, the Dweller-in-Darkness growled in irritation at the phoenix and the dragon.

The Protector roared back at it, flaring the frills at the side of her face as the Defender squawked loudly, feathers of her wings catching fire threateningly.

The Dweller-in-Darkness noticed that it was outnumbered, but roared back at the two nonetheless and took off.

"It's headed for the village!" Shang-Chi warned his sister urgently with a yell. He shot the rings at the top of the Dark Gate; the

Spinning the sword in her hand by the handle, Y/N hurled it high above her, the blade-on-fire piercing through soul-sucking monsters and instantly killing them. She summoned her blade back to her, turning to see the Defender and Protector headed towards them.

Running side by side with the dragon, Shang-Chi jumped off and landed beside his sister.

Y/N followed, sheathing her sword and jumped off the ledge, the Defender dipping down to catch her and help her steady herself.

Xialing looked back, noticing their dad was nowhere to be seen, that was until she saw Edward's body, not far away from her own father's seeing his limp body on the mountain.

Shang-Chi gave her a sad look, but she put on a strong face and nodded in understanding.

Both the siblings caught Y/N's eye as the Defender flew adjacent to the Protector. The three were determined to fix their respective fathers' sins and mistakes.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘