˗ 𝜎𝜋𝜀 ˏ ˋ 𝛴𝐷𝑊𝛥𝛤𝐷 𝑃𝛴𝑇𝛴𝛤𝑆𝛳𝛱 ˎˊ ˗

⍣ ೋ

⍣ ೋ

Ta Lo is a dimension within the Multiverse only accessible through a portal on Earth, protected by a constantly changing bamboo maze forest, which opens a safe path every year at the start of the Qingming Festival.

It is inhabited by humans, Dijiang, Fenghuang, Jiu Wei Hu, Qilin, Shishi, and safeguarded by Yōuyuè de Fenghuang and the Great Protector.

Thousands of years ago, the people of Ta Lo prospered in peace until the Dweller-in-Darkness and his army of Soul Eaters attacked and nearly escaped into the earthly realm. The leaders of Ta Lo created an army consisting of the greatest warriors to combat this threat, but it nearly failed until the Great Protector arrived. Together, they drove the Dweller back to its realm behind the Dark Gate, with the people of Ta Lo guarding it ever since.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘

In 1997, A KGB aircraft crashed into the forest of Ta lo and was trashed by the bamboo forest that was at the entrance of the city.

People walked out of their homes in the dead of their night, hearing the ambush, and saw a tattered helicopter skid on the ground and come to a stop.

While people crowded around in with weaponry in their hands, ready to fight the intruders, Ying Li and Mayleen Bo approached the vehicle empty-handed, looking for anyone who may have survived the flogging of the bamboo tree.

A man with H/C hair crawled out the broken window; blood dripping down the side of his head and crept down his arm. His black Kevlar suit was torn in a few places and bruises were beginning to form on his S/C skin.

The people held up their weapons, ready to attack, but Ying Li, Mayleen Bo held up their hands, indicating them to stand down. Given that both of them were the current protectors of the Ta-lo, the people complied.

Mayleen walked towards the man and crouched to his level, Ying Li close at her heels.

"I'm Mayleen," she offered a kind smile, "It's okay. We're not going to hurt you," she stated when she saw him crawl backward away from her in fear.

"I'm Agent Peterson with the KGB," he panted, gulping a mouthful of air, "Edward Peterson,"

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘

Soon, the people of Ta-lo nursed him back to health and treated him as his own. Edward and Mayleen began to spend time with each other and got to know the other, resulting in falling in love.

Ying Li always felt something strange about Edward from the first time she met him but didn't say anything for the sake of her best friend.

Mayleen began to show him around Ta-lo, their lifestyle, the powers gifted to them by the Great Protector, the magical creatures that surrounded and thrived around them.

Soon, the two got married, as the world assumed that Edward was dead and he wanted to keep it that way, given that he had a lot of enemies in the outside world.

With each day, his care and affection grew for Mayleen, and so did the nosiness to gain knowledge about the secrets of Ta-lo.

Like curiosity killed the cat, Edward's hunger for power and control resulted in him taking a dark turn and beginning to practice evil methods to achieve power that the people of Ta-lo didn't support.

A lot of people, especially the keepers of the libraries and weapons, paid with their lives, trying to take Edward down, but they couldn't stop him after he had formed a connection with the Dweller-in-Darkness.

But Mayleen Bo went against her own husband for the sake of her city and defeated him with a little bit of struggle, given that the abilities he had received from the Dweller-in-Darkness weren't as proficient and effective against her own ones.

She successfully banished Edward behind the Dark Gate, alongside his master, the Dweller-in-Darkness.

That night when she returned to her living space, guilt and grief consumed her. Guiltyfor being the reason that her fellowmen are dead because of the desire that grew in her for Edward. Grief for being the one that killed the father of her unborn child.

When Ying Li found out that her best friend was pregnant with Edward's child, she didn't think twice and insisted on helping her at once.

As time went by, Ying Li met Xu Wenwu and began to form a bond with him. After they got married, Ying Li brought Mayleen with her, worried for both her and the sake of her baby.

Neither of them knew how the people of Ta-lo would react if they found out that Mayleen was pregnant with the baby of the man who had devoted himself to the Dweller-in-Darkness.

Shang Chi and Y/N were born shortly after and were brought up under the love and care of Xu Wenwu, Ying Li, and Mayleen Bo.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘

Some say that Edward Peterson has died, while others say that he had survived and was alive behind the mountain alongside his master, as his powers may have aided him to survive.

But one will only know as time passes by.

∘₊✧──────────────────✧₊∘