˗ 𝜏𝜔𝜀𝜋𝜏𝜑-𝜎𝜋𝜀ˏ ˋ𝑇𝐻𝛴 𝑃𝐻𝛳𝛴𝛱𝐼𝑋ˎˊ ˗

⍣ ೋ

⍣ ೋ

A Shi Shi charged through the edge of the forest, headed towards the Dark gate, bustling through the men that blocked its way. Y/N was seated on its back, given that there was no other way she could make her way over to the Dark Gate.

The mythical lion-like creature came to a stop in front of the raised plateau, a bit far away from the gate behind which Edward was confined and Y/N slid off its back, landing on her feet.

The creature spun around in its place and headed back to the village, towards the still waging war.

Y/N pulled out her sword and made it to go towards the gateway where her father was said to be locked away.

A black mist sparked out in front of the gate, slowly dissolving into it. Not soon after, a man in all black ancient tunic, with a shade of dark grey shadow around his eyes. His cheeks were sunken and pale, as though he was walking corpse, but he looked human at the same time. 

His dark gaze landed on her. "My darling daughter," Edward Peterson smiled at Y/N in glee.

Y/N didn't need confirmation to conclude that this was her father. They had a few similarities— the same S/C, H/C hair...

She gripped her sword tightly, holding it in front of her threateningly just in case he tried to attack her out of the blue.

"Not the kind of welcome I was expecting, but whatever," Edward rolled his eyes at her, squaring his shoulders.

"I know exactly what you wanna do," Y/N glared at him, raising her chin.

"I bet you've bet Chang Bo," he thought out loud, "Sweet fellow, but a bit uptight,"

"He's uptight just because he won't break the rules by giving into Dark Magic as you did," Y/n raised her eyebrows.

"They're hiding immense knowledge and power," Edward grumbled with a shake of his head, "When I met your mother here, I thought it was all a dream," he smiled sadly at the memory of his wife, "But then I learned you can still gain powers you wish you had. Ethical or not, the essence of power is what matters," he had a set look on his face, "And I'm gonna finish what I started,"

"I'm not gonna let you do that," Y/N waved the fingers of her free hand, gathering and forming a ball of flame in her palm.

"Well, if that's how you wanna do it," Edward flicked his arm to his side, summoning a dark sword out of thin air, similar to Y/N's.

Y/N swung her sword at her father who easily tilted his head to the side, dodging the attack.

She swung again and again, growing more frustrated as her dad blocked every hit with his sword. The last swing came back to hit him as Edward flipped over the staff and kicked Y/N, knocking him down forcefully.

The land below him erupted outwards, making him loosed balance as it followed Y/N's movement. Y/N gestured for the air to swirl around him, throwing him back and making him skid on the ground.