V. An Unlikely Find

• Akari •

Akari knew her thirteen minutes were up when Illumi appeared before her at the library counter.

"So, what will it be?" Illumi got right to the point.

Akari thought quickly. She was super conflicted about getting into a partnership with Illumi. Worst case scenario would be him ending her life. She still wanted to live. On the other hand, he might have valuable information for her. He was an assassin, after all. He had to have a reliable source of information for his missions.

"I guess I will agree, but only if certain conditions are met." How bad could this be?

"I see. What conditions?"

Did this man ever speak without being so forward?

"Well, first of all, I want to live." Akari studied Illumi's face for any signs of mischief. Instead, he appeared to be completely serious. She continued. "Second, I want to ensure that the information exchanged between the two of us is of equal value."

"I can agree to both conditions. Anything else?"

Akari was surprised. "You won't kill me?"

"Not if you don't give me a reason to," Illumi stated.

"Fair enough." Akari peeked at her watch. "When should we begin?"

Illumi looked to the library doors leading to the outside. "Later, perhaps somewhere more secluded."

"How about the Hunter library?"

"That'll do. Let's meet later tonight. I've got something to take care of right now."

Akari nodded. "Any specific time?"

"9:00."

Illumi made his way out of the library, his hair swaying with every step he took.

What a peculiar character, Akari thought. Now where's the other pest?

"I'll be leaving now," Chrollo spoke up.

Akari jumped from the unexpected encounter. She hadn't seen him in over an hour. "Bye."

Chrollo followed Illumi out. Akari hoped she wouldn't have to see him anytime soon.

• Kurapika •

Kurapika observed Akari. He frowned when he saw that Illumi and Chrollo were on speaking terms with her. He saw them as a threat, and he wanted to do anything to protect the female Hunter.

After a little while, Kurapika noticed the two had left the premise, so he made his way to the Crime Hunter.

"Akari."

She looked up.

"It seems our information sharing was interrupted by Gon and Killua earlier. If you don't mind, would you be able to meet with me again?"

Akari smiled. "Of course I don't mind. I won't be able to meet with you today though. Perhaps tomorrow?"

Kurapika was happy to hear that she was making room for him in her schedule. He was sure she had quite a bit on her plate. "Tomorrow sounds good. I am available around breakfast time again, or we can meet later on in the evening." He wasn't sure what her schedule looked like.

"Let's do breakfast again. We can meet at the coffee shop down the block. It's right by the hotel."

Kurapika immediately knew which coffee shop she was referring to. "9:00 again?"