Chapter 4

Hope you guys like it! Here you go!

I turned around. There stood mr. Saleh.

Great.

"Mind your own business." I shoot back.

"I would but..."

I couldn't care about the rest of his sentence. I walked away not even giving him the slightest glance. I get into the elevator and press the floor button. I need to get back to work.

****

Opening the front door to my home felt so rewarding. It has been a long day at work. And even more hectic.

"How was your first day?" I hear my mother from the kitchen.

"It was horrible!" I sighed and threw myself on the couch.

My mom peers over me with a spatula in her hand. "Why?" She looked angry.

"Woah there mom. Don't worry nobody hurt me it's just the boss. He's so rude and arrogant!" I felt frustrated. I didn't like that this was the first day and I'm already hating it.

"Why? Who is he?" Her voice raised.

"I don't know mom. But he's muslim and he's so mean. I don't understand." I explain to her.

She gives me a frowned look. "He's Muslim?"

"Yeah.. Why?" I was now scared at how concerned she looked. "Why what's wrong?"

"What's his name?" She asked again.

"Mr... Saleh.. Mom what's wrong?" I look at her and she becomes even more concerned.

She gives me a small but forced smile. "Nothing but your dad used to know his father. Basically they were business partners."

My dad. My supposedly "good" dad. I can't even call him a "dad". He left us when he married over my mom. I would have been done with it except the new woman was evil and he then departed. I don't see him nor do I want to. He betrayed us. I have no idea where he is now.

I know how painful it is for my mother since she endured so much. She stayed with him through thick and thin and all he did was betray. He left us as well. Just gives us money every month. I wish I didn't hate him but I do.

"Oh okay." I reply.

"Well dinner is ready! You want some?" She says.

I jump up and kiss her cheek. Then throw my arms up. "Of course!"

*********************

After a whole long day I am finally in bed. Though I am so sleepy I can't stop thinking about Mr. Saleh. Why does he stay on the roof and what made him so elastic that he has no feelings?

He's so mysterious. It's none of my business but I couldn't help it. Oh well maybe making dua for him will help. Inshallah Allah guides him in the right direction.

******

"ALMOND!!" Mr. Saleh barked from inside his office. The people passing by flinched.

I put my head on my desk and lightly tap my forehead against it. This man is crazy! What in the world does he want and why is he calling me Almond!

I sigh and get up. I open his door to find him with papers all over his desk and him sitting there with a murderous look aimed at me.

"What is it?" Well damn he needs to calm down. I'm feeling scared too now.

"Don't you see what you did?" He says pointing to the papers.

"No you did that." I said with a little laugh. I know he was implying to how I probably messed up the work but joking is fun. Right?

"Miss. Taher." He growled.

Oh no. He used my actual name. Now I know he's not joking.

"Y-yes" I stood up straight and looked down. I don't think it's really necessary that I look at his blazing eyes.

"These papers were meant to be in order for the meeting today. I came here and found them unorganized. How the hell am I to give the presentation if nothing is in order!" He says through clenched teeth.

"I will organize them. Sorry. " I walk over to his stupid desk and collect his papers into one folder.

"I want them back in an hour." He ordered from behind me.

I stop in my tracks. " Okay monster face." I whispered and then kept going.

He pounds the table loudly that I flinch. What is his problem!

"What did you call me." He growled again.

Someone help me I'm going to get fired soon.

******

Yay! Another chapter! Hope you guys liked it! PleAse keep on voting and commenting!