Chapter 7

Salam! Comment and Vote if you want more!!

I was in shock. I froze there in disbelief. My heart sank as soon as I met his sad hazel eyes. He looked wounded down to the core.

"I said..What? TAHER?" He shouted and I flinched upwards.

"No-n-nothing I just came to check up on how you we-"

"CHECK ON WHO?" His head snapped in my direction. I flinched a little I'm not gonna lie. "Don't you see I'm Fine?" He gritted. His sharp cheekbones looked even sharper and those eyes...

My mouth dried up.

He stared at me dangerously. I started to back up but no way was out as my back reached the wall and the door was closed behind me. My left hand started searching for the knob.

He noticed and started to come even closer. I tried looking away but it was impossible for my eyes to unfollow his every move.

His face eventuality was only a few inches away. He glared up at me as the flames lit up in his honey irises. Puffy and red, his eyes begged for mercy.

Another tear gently escapes his eye and softly rolls down his cheek. His dark eyebrows knit together and he looks away.

Out of mind and not in control, I don't even know why I did this, but I tugged up my left hand cuff and slowly rise it up to meet his face. He notices my sudden movement and followed my every move.

I gently wipe away his tear and the other one that just escaped on his left side.

His eyes widened in shock and they immediately softened. I looked away and cleared my throat. I too was shocked at my own action.

He stands up and looks down at me from his usual skyscraper height. He eyes me and deeply looks into my eyes. And I'm here like a deer stuck in front of headlights.

He then turns around.

With his back to me he whispers, " You may leave, now. Go home."

*****

I run up to my front door and start banging frantically. Diana opens the door with an annoyed expression.

"Do you really have to-" She started. But I pushed right passed her and ran to my room and locked it. I changed clothing and took a long shower.

I was doing all of this to help me forget what I had discovered. I don't want to get too involved in Mr. Salehs life too much. I was stressing and the image of his crying could not leave my mind.

What do I do? I'm so stressed and he's not even anything to me. But what made me wonder is what caused a man -that I had thought to be so cold- hearted cry?

I mean it must have been something huge. So hurtful...

And again the flashbacks come bAck of his torn up happiness. May Allah help him. I only wish the best for my Muslim brothers and sisters.

****

We all have dinner together and I'm trying to act normal but I think my mom has caught me multiple times swirling around my spaghetti playfully.

She finally puts down her fork and looks at me. "Amina? Habibti? What's wrong? "

"I'm okay, just work stress." I forced myself to put a mouthful of spaghetti so she can't ask anymore and then I won't have to lie.

"Okay." She smiled at me and got back to eating.

***

Sprawled on the couch and watching t.v is what state I'm in. When I'm too deep in thought or have a bad day, I usually do this. Yup, just waiting time watching T.V but not actually paying attention.

I almost fell asleep when I heard the door bell ring. This is interesting, we usually don't have any visitors..

"AMINA! Get THE DOOR!!!" Of course everyone would tell me to get up.

I sigh and get up. I lazily wrap a hijab around my head and unlock the door. I open it and meet the stranger. But when I look up, his face is so familiar, that it's been etched into my memory. Shocked and confused is what I am.

"Dad?"

***

So what do guys think? Sorry for the cliffhanger... :P