Chapter 9

Aww you guys! We got to 15 votes! Thank you so much!! Here's a chapter!! Can we make it 20?! Plus.. The pic here is not Mr. Saleh. Just adding vibes to the chapter:) also don't forget to comment! I love reading them!

After realizing that being away from my mom wouldn't work I decided to go home. But that's after she begged me. She tried to talk me into how we need this I still didn't agree. It's still forced marriage and that's not Islam.

After taking a week off work I decided to go to work despite my broken heart. I just hope the man I'm to marry isn't filthy and a hundred years old. They had explained that I need to marry him in order my so called dad can have a part of the company and to keep it together. It's all for money I guess. But I'd rather go bankrupt than to push my daughter into a marriage.

I'm basically the superwoman to them when in reality I'm a victim of yet another forced marriage.

I get dressed but every time I move I feel a little pain in my heart. I know it's sounds ridiculous but that's how painful it is.

Diana tried to talk to me about this problem but I couldn't even speak to her either. How could she understand when she's engaged to a man she actually loves.

It hurts me to ignore my mom but it hurts to even look at her so when she asks if I'm headed off to work I look down, tears almost escaping, and leave.

****

I get to the company and everyone is staring at me. Probably wondering how I could explain to my boss why I wasn't here and why I didn't call in.

I honestly could care less but I should go apologize to him in advance and if he fires me, well I will walk out.

I get past all the stares and go into the elevator. As soon as the door was about to close a foot stopped the doors.

It opened up and I was faced with two men. One who was Caucasian and another who was African American but on a wheel chair. Both were not bad on the eyes but I quickly looked away as I didn't want them to catch me staring.

"Man hurry up and stop staring at the lady!" The African American guy said loudly. "Push the damn wheelchair!"

"Calm down Khalid!" The Caucasian tried to defend himself but his cheeks flared up. "Don't be annoying or I will leave you here."

I couldn't help but laugh because they were acting like little kids.

"Just push!" Khalid said loudly.

He then pushed him in quickly and muttered under his breath, "I'm not giving birth."

****

After that awkward encounter I went to my office and did all the work that I had missed. There was no sight of Mr. Saleh today. I'm not surprised though. I wish I was him so I could not show up.

After this I walked into the little café outside near the company. I loved the smell and taste of coffee.

As soon as I walked in the aroma surrounded me and made me feel at home.

As I was walking up to the register I heard a loud familiar laugh and "Aziz!"

I quickly turned around to see Mr. Saleh- yes the man himself decided to get up from bed today- and the Aziz guy and his white friend. All laughing at a small table.

As soon as I noticed them Mr. Saleh looked up at me and stopped laughing immediately. His jaw clenched and his expression became stone dead. His eyes locked into mine were searching for something. I was completely lost so I just remained still as I was frozen.

His now friends - from my understanding- started to notice what's going on so I broke whatever weird thing Mr. Saleh was doing.

"What would you like to order ?" A young man said with a kind smile. "Would you like to see our special like yourself?"

"I-" I began but a deep voice answered for me.

"She'd really like dark black coffee." I turned around to find Mr. Saleh standing behind me. " Oh and she's not that special to be honest." He added.

"Will you stop! " I whisper yelled up at him.

He totally ignored me and passed the man his card. I tried grabbing it before it was too late but the man took it and swiped.

"Thank you ! Your coffee will be ready soon." The register guy said.

I glared up at Mr. Saleh. "Why did you do that! I could have payed for myself and you know I hate black coffee!"

He just walked away and sat back down with his friends. They started joking again and going crazy.

From time to time I would feel someone watching me and when I looked it was always Mr. Saleh.

Lower your gaze man. Sheesh what's his problem. But surprisingly it wasn't a lustful look. It was more of confusion and wondering.

I finally received my coffee and barged out of there. I'm not going to throw it away because that's haram so I'm going to put about 6 cups of sugar and chug it down or give it to someone who will appreciate this.

Mr. Saleh bought me dark bitter coffee like his soul!

***

After finishing up all the work ( because I don't want to hear Mr. Saleh nag) I decided to just put them on his desk and be on my way.

This place is depressing but I won't have to work when I get married to the guy I don't even know. My heart still aches when I remember but my family is desperate.

I walk into his office and see a mess on the couch. Obviously it's Mr. Saleh sleeping.

Should I draw something on his face? Oh how about I shave off his eyebrows. I was so excited that I quickly threw the folders on his desk and grabbed a permeant marker!

This will teach him to mess with my coffee!

I get closer and pull the cap. As soon as I am near and about to draw I notice how his neat eyebrows are troubled. His eyes are dark circles and his hair is messy as if he had tried to pull it out.

He looked miserable and sad.. Even in his dreams. I looked away as my heart began to feel sympathy. He may be a jerk but whatever is bothering him is a big problem he can't handle alone. And I think that's what scares him.

May Allah help him and get rid of these worries that have left him troubled even in his sleep. That has caused him to worry until dark circles form. Allah is the most merciful and we sometimes commit the biggest sins. I should forgive him and let go.

I grab the blanket that just hanging on his body and fully put it on him. He moves a little but then goes back to his sleep. I walk out and call it a night.