Chapter Fifteen

"No, Mom I am not hiding anything from you

"No, Mom I am not hiding anything from you." I tell over the call.

"Don't try to get over smart with me, I can still beat your white ass if I want to." Mom threatens which make me shudder. My mom is not someone I want to mess with because in the whole universe she is the only one who scares me.

"I am not being over smart with you. I am just telling you the truth that I don't have any girlfriend." I reply inwardly cursing Evelyn for opening her mouth about Aurora and my date.

"So, what about the date? If I remember correctly, you are not a person who takes girls on date so why the sudden change?" She asks.

"Mom, how about I tell you everything when you come here? I am promising that I will tell you about every little thing you want to know." I tell her as its futile to try to even lie to her.

"You better keep your words or I will keep my words of whipping your ass, got it?" She retorts.

"Yes, mother dearest." I reply groaning loudly while she laughs before disconnecting the call.

I slump down on the couch feeling tired all of a sudden. I really want to murder my sister for rating out in front of mom knowing well how eager she is to get me married. It's been only a few weeks and I have taken Aurora to another date, but this time I took her to a cozy Mexican restaurant as she likes the cuisine. I don't know where we stand at this moment but I can tell that she is more comfortable with me than before which is a good thing.

Today is Sunday so I don't have any work to do and that's why I am trying to be lazy for once. But as laziness is not a habit of mine so I get up from the couch and make my way towards my bedroom to take a long shower. After coming out of the washroom, I change into a pair of jeans along with a t-shirt. I am going to Arthur's place because I haven't met him for two weeks as he was out of town.

The moment I walk inside his mansion, a little body crash into mine and instantly I know who it is. I look at Aiden who is now grinning from ear to ear while his nanny is breathing heavily behind him. I shake my head amused with this little boy's tactics before telling the nanny to go and rest for some time.

"Why do you always give your nanny a hard time?" I ask pinching his cheeks.

"I don't give her any hard time. She just doesn't know how to play with me." He replies cheekily.

"By the way, where is your daddy?" I ask walking further inside the house.

"Daddy is in his study reading boring stuff." He replies pouting his lips.

"I am sure he is not reading boring stuff. I will go and talk to him. Till then you go and play with your toys." I say while putting him on the floor.

"You will not play with me?" He asks me.

"I will buddy but first let me talk to your daddy. You start playing, I will join you soon." I reply earing a big smile from him.

"Okay, Uncle Nick. I will be waiting for you." He says and runs towards his playroom.