Chapter Thirty One

When after a lot of trying, I can't get a hold of Jacob I decide to ask Parker's help because he may look like a dumb person but I know how sharp-minded he is

When after a lot of trying, I can't get a hold of Jacob I decide to ask Parker's help because he may look like a dumb person but I know how sharp-minded he is. So, without wasting much time I dial his number and thankfully he doesn't disappoint me.

"Hello, who is this?" Parker asks over the phone.

"It's me, Aurora and I need your help asap." I reply hurriedly.

"BOSS! WHERE ARE YOU AND WHAT'S GOING ON?" He yells making me flinch.

"Keep quiet and listen to me." I tell him before giving him a short summary of what happened and why I am asking for his help.

"Holy shit? I feel like I am seeing/hearing some mysterious movie." Comes his reply making me roll my eyes.

"If you are done then can I tell you what you need to do?" I ask rubbing my forehead.

"Oh, sorry! Yes, tell me how can I help you?" He says.

"You need to contact Nicholas and tell him everything I just told you. Also, you need to tell him that he needs to do something to solve this problem because I can't do anything by myself." I reply.

"Okay, I will do it. But I am worried about you. What if that crazy lady does something bad to you?" He asks and I can understand his worry.

"I won't say that everything will be alright but I do know that I will not back out without a fight. So, stop worrying about me and do as I have told you to do." By saying this I cut the call before he can say anything.

Although I'm using the hotel's telephone, I don't want to take any risk. Because that lady is clearly a psycho or why she would threaten a child. Now, I just need to wait for Paker to inform Nicholas about everything and hopefully I will be able to get back to my old life.

I decide to take a shower to relax my mind as I still have 15 minutes till the blackmailer calls me. So, without wasting time I get inside the washroom and stripes out of my clothes. It only takes me 10 minutes to shower and then I wear a cotton pajama set that I have brought along with me.

Just as I sit on the bed, my phone starts ringing indicating that my half an hour is up. I pick up the call without looking at the caller ID thinking it's the blackmailer but gets shocked hearing Jacob's voice.

"Jacob..." I let out in relief.

"Where have you gone, Aurora? I have come to your apartment but the door is locked from the outside. Why haven't you gone to meet Nicholas in the hospital or you don't even know about his accident?" Jacob asks in a go.

I want to tell him everything but I can't do it over the phone because I know that the blackmailer must be tracking all the calls and messages on my phone. So, I have to lie to Jacob.

"I can't talk to you now because I am busy." That's all I say before disconnecting the call.

I put the phone on the nightstand and start thinking about what I am going to do next. The blackmailer told me to send her my live location but if I do that then she will know I am lying being in China Town.