Chapter Twenty Seven

"Fucking sick people!" Nicholas curses aloud when we are a few blocks away from the restaurant

I am still unable to say anything because my mind is stuck on the questions ask by the reporters. Have I really done something to catch Nicholas's attention? Why is the questions indicate something bad as if I have seduced him to be with me? But I know in my heart that my intention was never anything like that yet I can't do anything to stop anyone to think negatively.

"Are you okay?" Nicholas asks making me look at him to see that he is staring at with worry filled eyes.

"I don't want to lie to you saying that I am alright which I am not. But I also know that this won't be the last time that I have encountered the questions." I reply truthfully.

"I am really sorry that you have to go through all these. You already have your handful and now these idiot persons are trying to ruin your privacy." He says gripping the stirring wheel tightly.

"Please don't blame yourself because you haven't done anything wrong. Actually, I can't also blame the reporters because they are just doing their job but yes, it is also true that they don't have any right to invade anyone's privacy without permission. So, it's better if we stop thinking about them." I let out holding his free right hand.

"You are so different than others." He remarks with a small smile.

"How so?" I ask playfully.

"Others would have tried to get as much footage as they could being shown with me but you did the total opposite as if you don't care who I am." He replies.

"Do I need to care?" I retort.

"No, you don't because I know that both of us like each other the way we are." He says making me nod my head in agreement.

"By the way, where do you want to go now?" He asks just as an idea comes to my mind.

"Nicholas, how about I go to Mr. Campbell's house and talk to him right now?" I suggest.

"That's a great idea. Also, I can go with you so that I can help you if the situation gets out of hand." He replies but I shake my head.

"I told you that I want to solve the matter by myself so I am going there alone and please don't argue with me." I say the last part knowing well he won't keep quiet.

"Okay but if you need me then remember I am just a call away." He remarks while I nod my head.

I give him the address to Mr. Campbell's house and in twenty minutes we reach there. He doesn't let me get out before I swear to God that I will call him as soon as I am done talking. In the end, I have to bribe him with a few kisses on his cheeks.

When he leaves from there, I ring the doorbell and the door gets open by none other than Mrs. Campbell who gives me a big smile before ushering me inside. I thought she would be angry too but it looks like she doesn't have any clue what's going on.