Chapter Sixteen

I wasn't expecting Nicholas to show up so suddenly also with Aiden

I wasn't expecting Nicholas to show up so suddenly also with Aiden. But I have to agree that it's a great surprise. Although I am not sure about mom and dad meeting him so early. It's not like I don't want them to meet each other but I think it's too early to interact. Because let's not forget how much dad is protective of me and about Jacob, I don't even want to open my mouth.

Yes, I am talking about Jacob who is also here and now glaring at Nicholas as if wanting to kill him. On the other hand, Nicholas is smirking as if he is mocking Jacob. Oh my gosh! These two are going to be a hard case to deal with. That's why I am pretending not to see anything and focusing on Aiden who is talking non-stop.

"Pretty lady, can I go and play with Skittles?" Aiden asks and I nearly groan because he is leaving means I have to tolerate the two big children. Still, I smile and let him go to play with Skittles who looks rather happy to have someone small playing with her.

"Jac, do you need something?" I ask trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Yes, some alone time with him." He replies pointing at Nicholas who arches his eyebrow.

"I think mom is done with lunch. You can talk to each other after lunch." I let out looking between the two.

"Big sis, do you want me or dad to do the talking with this guy?" I gulp hearing dad's name because let's be honest, dad is going to be tougher than Jac so I think it's better if I get out of here.

I don't say anything in response and leave them alone in the living room while I go in search of mom whom I think is the only one I can talk to right now. Thankfully I find her in the guest room taking a rest so that means dad is in the kitchen.

"Mom, help me." I let out making her look at me with a teasing smile.

"In what aspects do you need my help?" She asks although I am sure she knows what I am talking about.

"Really? You are going to tease me? Please go and tell Jac to stop interrogating Nicholas." I plead but all she does is laugh.

"Sweetie, both you and I know sooner or later your dad and Jacob will interrogate Nicholas so let it be today. Also, it's good that this time we will make sure that the person you are choosing is not horrible towards you. We only want what is best for you." She replies.

"But mom, I don't love Nicholas then why does this talking matter? Hell, I am not even thinking about a relationship after what I had to go through." I tell her in which she shakes her head in denial.

"You can't throw your life away just because of someone else's wrongdoing. You are an independent woman so don't let your past hold you back from being happy again. I am not saying that it has to be Nicholas but that also doesn't mean he can't be the one for you. Try to look at things positively." She says while caressing my cheeks tenderly.

"But what am I supposed to do with the fact that I can't give birth to a baby? Do you think any sane person will accept me after knowing about me being an infertile person?" I retort not caring if I sound rude.