Prologue - Plan

[Im aware I spelt Emperors Belos' name wrong. I thought it was a pun but it actually wasn't— I still find the pun hilarious even though that's not how his name is spelt.]

Hunter could hear Emperor Bellows screaming from down the hall.
He stood in the hallway to where Emperor Bellows was screaming. It was night, and it was dark in the castle. Emperor Bellows sickness was getting worse. But he refused to explain how wild magic had done what it did to him. It was bizarre. With hesitance, Hunter walked towards the door.
He was thinking about turning back but opened the door.
"Uncle Bellows?" He asked, scared and concerned. He looked like he was in so much pain, and he was the last person that he could call family that Hunter had left, he couldn't bare to lose him to.
He didn't get any response other than a strained scream of agony and a crash of something collapsing.

Emperor Bellows fell to his knees with a thump after his outburst ceased.
"These outbursts are becoming more and more painful by the day..." he said in a raspy voice.
"Uncle Bellows!" Hunter said and rushed to be by his side.
"No, stay back." He said. "W-what..." Hunter mumbled.
"I need to find another palisman before this develops any further!" He said.
"Kikimora!" Bellows called. Hunter wanted to try and help but there was nothing he could do.
Kikimora rushed in empty handed. "I'm afraid that there are no more palismen left." Kikimora said, afraid of what might happen. Emperor Bellows began to breath heavily, slowly regaining his composure.
"The shortage of palismen is still a problem. I will contact the gardening coven as soon as possible about more pastrume wood. Please, for the time being, just rest." Kikimora said

Emperor Bellows groaned as he got back to his feet, with Hunter beside him to support him.
"Thank you Kikimora, Hunter." Emperor Bellows said, thanking the two of them. Despite his words, he wasn't smiling.

~

Hunter walked into his room and took off his mask and cloak, and instead just put on a white t-shirt. He sighed. What else was there for him to do? He had already tried getting the palisman, and failed. He gazed over to the window. Rascal, a red bird palisman, was there. The palisman pecked at the window. Hunter walked towards the window with hesitance, but opened the window.
"Hey..." he said quietly. What if Emperor Bellows caught him with a palisman. Well, the palisman would be destroyed and used for its power to keep Bellows sane, and he'd be labeled as a traitor! The bird jumped on the edge of the window and gestured to a large building with its head and chirped. He looked closer at the building. That was a library....

And idea came to mind.

He climbed out of his window. He was headed to the library. He had heard of a book, a diary of some kind. It was said to have told the story of a human named Phillip who had come to the Boiling Isles. If he was able to find that diary he'd possibly be able to find a way to the human realm. That was one of the only things Emperor Bellows wanted. He wanted to fuse the boiling isles and the human realm. (This was before the reveal of Hollow Mind.) If Hunter was able to help, he wouldn't be replaced! He'd be useful again!

Rascal flew to Hunter and turned into a staff and dropped into Hunters hand.
(This takes place after Hunting Palisman but before Eclipse Lake, and after Luz and Amity already took the diary.)

"Thanks...I guess..." Hunter said. He was still skeptical about having a palisman of his own because they were made of wild magic, and wild magic had somehow given that sickness, disease, curse, or whatever it was Emperor Bellows had to him.

Rascal flew Hunter down to the library. He wasn't wearing his cloak because he didn't want to be openly recognized as 'the golden guard' and nobody knew what he actually looked like aside from Luz and a few others in the Emperors Coven.

Rascal went back to his bird form and landed on Hunters head, resting in his hair. Hunter, surprisingly, didn't notice.
He opened the door to the library. It was pretty dark. There was a small sign that said that it closed at 9. It was around 8:10 so he still had time.
He walked down the halls of the library. He looked at the small signs that had the genres on it.
"Fiction, adventure, research...history!" He called out loud as he found the history section.

He looked down the long hallway of history books. 'This is gonna take a while...' he thought as he realized how many books there were.

And sadly, there was no guarantee that the book was there.
_________________________________________

Rose_Vinex ready for battle!

Yes, I ship Hunter and Edric. I regret nothing.
But yeah, I apologize if I made any continuity errors or whatever. Thanks for reading!

Bye readers!