Chapter One - Teenage Dirtbag

Hunter walked beside the shelf of history books. They were in alphabetical order. Well, as good as they could be with people constantly rearranging them. He figured the book would have been called "Phillips Diary" or something so he went to the 'ph' section.

He heard the sound of something running, it was a series of thumps. Rascal chirped loudly and flew into Hunters vision.
"What is it bud?" Hunter asked.
Suddenly, the lights flickered. Not unnaturally, but like someone was just messing with the lights using magic. He could hear the librarian yell for someone to stop messing with the lights.
"RAWR!" Someone yelled from behind Hunter. Hunter, flinched and gasped under his breath, and by reflex, bit back screaming and got ready to throw hands at whatever super evil, unnatural force dared to trifle with him. Rascal seemed already aware of the situation and settled down in Hunters hair again.

"Hehe!" A boy with green hair giggled and took off his mask, that looked similar to the face of an abomination. I scared you, didn't I?" The green hair boy said, only to realize that it wasn't dear-little-mittens he was scaring.
"What-" Hunter asked, he kept up his guard and was still ready to fight.
"Oh! Oh my gosh, you're not Mittens." The green haired boy said.
Hunters brow furrowed in confusion.
"No, last I checked I wasn't." He said.
"Oh I'm sorry- I thought that you were someone else. I apologize if I scared you." The green haired boy said and scratched back of his head awkwardly. Hunter was still in critical-survival mode, but slowly put his hands down so it didn't look like he was going to hit him.

Hunter was still awkwardly silent.
The green haired boy broke the silence, "I'm Edric." Edric said awkwardly and blushed at his mistake.
"I apologize again if I scared you, I thought you were my sister." He explained.
"I'm Hunter." He replied and looked away.
"No need to apologize, it's fine." He added quickly.

Edric was taller than Hunter by a little, maybe a couple of inches. "Oh-thank you." Edric said in relief.

"Edric!~" a green haired girl said as she skipped down the isle.
"Oh- that's my sister, Emira. She's the one who told me you were my sister." He said.
"So, did we scare you, Mittens?" Emira asked.
"Emira, that wasn't Mittens." Edric said and stepped towards her. Hunter was a little confused.
"Oh! Sorry, you're the same height as our sister. I guess we mistook you for her." She said. "Oh." He said.

"Her name is Amity, do you know her?" Emira asked.
"Amity...so you two are the older blight twins?" He asked.
"Yep!" Edric said.
"That's us!" Emira added.

"So Hunter, what book are you looking for in here?" Edric asked.
"I'm looking for a historical diary that belonged to a human named Phillip something." Hunter said coldly. Hunter wasn't a very open person and was sort of afraid to trust people. So he kept as much information he could to himself, but maybe these 2 possibly knew where to find the diary.

"You mean Phillip Wittebane?" Edric asked.
"Eh, I dunno." Hunter said.
"Yeah, that guy donated his research diary to the library in the 60s or 70s." Emira commented.
"It's for a project." Hunter added as a cover-up as to not sound suspicious.
"Hm, well, I recon something as important as a humans research diary that documents undiscovered powers wouldn't be around here in the library." Emira said.

"It might be in the back, we can help you look if you want." Edric offered. Hunter narrowed his eyes, automatically suspicious, but eventually answered, "That would be nice."

"Great! You two look here I'll ask the lady at the front desk about it." Emira said and walked off.
Hunter stared down at the ground. He wasn't exactly 'fond' of people.
"So Hunter, what king of project are you doing?" Edric asked and began looking over the books on the shelf.
"History project." He replied blankly.
"Hm, do you go to Hexside or...?" Edric asked openly. Hunter slightly panicked, he didn't go to school and never had. Instead Emperor Bellows hired people to teach him basic stuff.