Epilogue - Marigolds

It was finally over. Everything was fine. Great, even.
Hunter and Edric finally got into a relationship, though Hunter still felt like he was about to pass out whenever they held hands. Luz and Amity were doing better than ever. Raine and Eda were taking things slow, though Raine practically became King's other parental figure.
The Emperor was thrown in jail. Turns out he didn't die after getting crushed by a piano. The Collector, as far as the group knew, was back wherever they had come from.

Luz was still searching for a way home. But she had her friends alongside her to help her find a way.
But, until they figured everything out, they decided to just take a moment to appreciate how far they had come.
Edric was sitting at the edge of a cliff. It was the cliff that they had defeated The Collector on. Golden flowers were blooming at the edge. Edric was sitting behind them, simply enjoying the weather, while reading an all-to-familiar poetry book. The book had two small dents in it from when the spears had been thrown at his back. He enjoyed calmly reading the poetry in the frisk wind.
"Morning." A voice said.
"Morning, Goldilocks." Edric replied, not even having to look back to know it was him.
"I brought sandwiches." Hunter said and sat down next to Edric.
"Oh thanks!" Edric said and carelessly threw the book to the side before grabbing the sandwich.
"Hasn't that book been overdue for like, a while?" Hunter asked.
"Yeah," Edric replied before taking a bite out of his sandwich. "But I think the library can manage without one obscure poetry book." He said. Hunter laughed a little.
"Oh, that reminds me! I have to return How To Draw Dragons 2 by next weekend." Hunter said and snapped his fingers.
Edric started making that siren sound that police cars and such make,
"Nerd alert! Nerd alert!" He said jokingly, while still chewing on his sandwich.
"Psh, yeah yeah, keep talking. I still haven't forgotten about that one letter you wrote me, which was just an essay about lore for some video game." Hunter replied. "What was it called? Under...table?" Hunter muttered and put his hand on his chin.
"Undertale. And for the record, half the stuff I said was proven in Deltarune Chapter 2." Edric said.
"Deltaroom? What?" Hunter questioned.
"Titian, Hunty, I never knew you were so uncultured." Edric said in a joking manner. Hunter rolled his eyes. But he soon noticed the bed of flowers on the edge of the hill.
"Hey, these flowers. Did you know that they're called marigolds?" Hunter said and gestured to the flowers.
"Marigolds? Wow, and you're Goldilocks. What a coincidence." Edric said. Hunter nodded.
"They're really pretty, right?" Hunter asked. Edric wasn't even looking at the flowers, more directly into Hunters eyes.
"Yeah." He replied.

The cold wind blew past them as they enjoyed each other's company. Neither of them felt the need to talk. Edric leaned forward and grabbed some of the flowers.
"Ed?" Hunter mumbled as Edric leaned towards him.
Carefully, Edric put the flower into his blond hair.
"It suits you." Edric said with a grin. Hunter giggled.
"Thanks." He said. Edric nodded with a smile.

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you something..." Hunter began.
"Yeah?" Edric replied.
"When we first met...you mistook me for Amity..." Hunter continued.
"How'd you even do that? We look nothing alike." Hunter said with a light giggle. Edric laughed and looked away.
"Emira was messing with the lights and I had my mask on and..." Hunter looked at him simply. He gave him the simple look of displeasure. Edric sighed lightly.
"Okay, okay, honestly, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you. And I dragged Emira into it to help me. But after seeing how much I scared you I regret it immediately after." He said.
"I knew it." Hunter said replied. Edric giggled.

"Wait, and all the red flags I had, did you just ignore those when we met? Like, me living at the castle?" Hunter questioned.
"Nah, didn't ignore them. I looked at them and thought that they were really hot." Edric replied.
"Oh my titan, you're so dumb!" Hunter said and shoved Edric playfully. Edric laughed along with him.

And so, with the story finally closed.
The two of them sat on the edge of the hill, talking about anything they really felt like. And sometimes, the two just sat in silence.

Finally, the tale of Hunter, The Golden Guard, and Edric, the Absolute Dumbass™️, could come to an end.
The clouds drifted on the horizon.
Finally. Together.
"So this is it, huh?" Hunter said.
"What do ya mean mean?" Edric replied.
"We really did it. We can finally..." He began. Tears were brimming at his eyes. He was so happy. Edric knew he was he was trying to say.
He smiled.
"Yeah." He pulled Hunter closer to him, into a tight hug.
"We don't have to be alone. We can be together." Edric said. Hunter scoffed slightly.
"That poetry is getting to your head." Hunter said before grabbing onto Edric as wind blew by.
The sun had begun to go down.

"Goodnight." Edric said simply.

————————————————————

This is it. The final ending.

Thank you all for reading.

Goodnight, readers.