Chapter Eight - The Day Turns Night

Note: This is being written before the end of Season Two.

It was all falling apart.
No matter what Hunter did, he found himself right back where he started. At the mercy of Emperor Belos.
Amity and Hunter had escaped at the cost of Edric and Emira.

"Damnit!" Hunter punched the wall. "Can't I go more than a month without the Emperor ruining something for me?!" Hunter shouted as they stood in an alleyway.
"Hunter...they took my siblings for a reason. They were trying to take us too." Amity said. Amity was always the smartest, always the most observant.

"But they seem satisfied with just Emira and Edric..." Amity muttered. She was thinking.
"...it's a trap." Amity said.
"What?" Hunter questioned, not processing anything. The only thing that was on his mind was going to save Edric.
And Emira, yeah, whatever.
"They needed leverage. This is kidnapping! They must have needed us as some sort of leverage against someone." Amity explained.
"...hostages?" Hunter added. Amity snapped her fingers. "Exactly." She replied.
"But...hostages for who...?" Hunter muttered.

Amity and Hunter stood for a long silence.

"The Abomintons...if they needed us they would have targeted us specifically..." Amity mumbled. So the Emperor didn't know he was alive...right? How could he?

"Emperor Belos..." Hunter began. Amity's head perked up.
"He told about how one day he would need a sacrifice...a meaningful sacrifice." Hunter began.
"He never got into the specifics but..." Hunter sighed.
"Do you think that...he wants to sacrifice Edric and Emira?" Amity asked, fear drenching her voice.
"Why would he need two..? He told me he would need one sacrifice." Hunter explained.
"So they are hostages...but for who..?" Amity mumbled.
Amity, after hearing what had happened to Luz when she went back in time...
This was why Emperor Belos didn't kill Luz back at the petrification ceremony. He knew he'd need her later. Ever since that day over four hundreds years ago. He knew.
She knew what it meant.

"He needed a living sacrifice..." Amity began.
.
.
.
.
"LUZ."
.
.
.
.
Time went by in a blur. Edric and Emira were more confused than anything. But they soon found that they weren't alone. The Emperor spared no expenses in making sure that whoever he was trying to lure there came. Because when Edric and Emira were tossed into the cage, not only was the cage hung above a pit of flames, high in the air, but three other people were there.
The cage was settled over the flames for a moment.
"Leave me alone I AM A MINOR!" Edric shouted as he struggled against the Abomination, but soon being tossed in the cage alongside Emira.
Then the cage went back high into the air, farther away from the flames to where it would be able to hit the cage or heat it up, but close enough that if any of them tried to escape they'd be deep-fried.

Raine Whispers, head of the bard coven, was there as well. Along with Gus Porter and Willow Park.
"Gosh, are you two okay?" Raine asked as they quickly approached Edric and Emira, quickly checking on them.
"Yeah, we're okay." Emira replied, getting herself to her feet.
"What's going on?" Emira asked.
"This is kidnapping! This is illegal!" Edric shouted as he was still on the ground.
"We don't know! The Coven Scouts ordered us here. There wasn't a thing anyone could do about it." Willow explained.
Raine carefully helped Edric up, making sure he was okay.
Edric winced in pain as a very unsettling 'crunch' could be heard when he tried to take a step forward.
He called out in pain slightly as Raine caught him.
"Oh god, my ankle." Edric said, chocking back yelling.
"Ed!" Emira shouted.
"Here, let me help." Gus said as he helped Edric to one of the corners of the cage, setting him down. The cage uncomfortably rocked back and forth slightly.
"How'd that even happen? You seemed fine a minute ago." Emira said as she plopped down next to her brother.
"Oh I don't know, maybe when I was thrown onto the ground like a potato sack!" Edric answered rather aggressively. Edric quickly noticed this change of attitude and said,
"Gosh, sorry, just- where's Hunter, is he here? I'd like to talk to him." Edric explained.
"Do you always get this cranky without your boyfriend around?" Emira asked in a more joking manner.
"Ugh, shut up." Edric shouted and shoved her away.
"Hunter...Amity told me a little about him." Willow muttered. [In this timeline Follies at The Coven Day Parade did happen, as well as Elsewhere and Elsewhen, but nothing from Any Sport in The Storm and forward happens here.]
"No, he's not here." Emira said, "He and Amity got away. They'll come back for us." Emira added.
.
.
.
.
Amity, Hunter, Luz and Eda all stood together outside of the Emperor's castle.
"Blondie, you used to live here, what's the easiest way in?" Eda questioned. They were all wearing capes of some sort, good disguises.
"Hey- only Edric gets to address me by my hair color." Hunter replied in his usual, bratty tone.
"Yeah yeah, whatever." Eda replied.
"Eda! Come on, we haven't even started the mission yet, and we're already arguing." Luz said as she walked in between the two.
"Guys, please. Let's just hurry. We don't know what the Emperor is planning, but we need to get my siblings back." Amity said. Everyone nodded.
"There's a open vent in the kitchen that leads from outside. We can enter through there." Hunter explained.
The process of sneaking into the castle was fairly easy. Most of the guards just sat around playing Uno.
The group crawled through the vent.