Chapter Two - Chaos and Poetry

Amity, Emira, and Edric were sitting at the kitchen table during the early morning. Emira was cooking a Toaster Poodle, which is a piece of toast shaped like some sort of animal, and Edric was still half half asleep sitting at the table.

Their parents were already busy and had gotten up much earlier than they had. But the mail only arrived a little bit ago. Amity walked over to the mail slot and picked the mail up off the floor.
She mumbled the names of who the letters were sent to, mostly her parents, but she actually came off a hand-written letter addressed to Edric.
"Edric, something for you came in the mail." Amity said and put the pile of mail on the table.
"Huh? Really?" He questioned. Then he remembered Hunter. He smiled at the thought. He happily picked up the letter. He looked at the front of it and then the back.
It said 'To Edric' and there was a return address. The address being...the Emperors Coven. Maybe this wasn't from Hunter and some sort invitation or business thing to him from the Coven. Edric, despite receiving a letter from THE EMPERORS COVEN, was still disappointed that he didn't get a letter from Hunter.

He tore open the letter and took out a small piece of paper. It was written in kind of sloppy handwriting.
It said something along the lines of...

Dear Edric,
Hi! It's me, Hunter.

Edric stopped reading for a second.
'Huh, so he is sending this from the Emperors Coven.' He thought. But Edric wasn't the kind of person to care about that stuff. He continued reading.

So, how are you? I hope you're well. I forgot to say this but I don't know writing well, so sorry for my bad grammar and hand writing.

Edric giggled. He liked his honesty in his writing. It was...refreshing...in a way.

I finished the poetry book overnite.
It was as good as you said! And it inspired me to write my own poem.

Edric ignored the spelling error completely. He smiled and began reading the poem. It was titled 'Color of Gold.'

Color of Gold

What if beauty had a color?
The color would be pretty for sure.
The color would be as bright as the sun,
The color would be a kind of one.
Beauty is the color of gold.
It's warm and kind and never cold.
Staring at it, never gets old.

Edric thought the poem was pretty good! Hunter had said he had never read poetry, save for a few times, so this must have been his first time writing poetry. It was good for a start, but definitely not great.
He continued reading the letter.

I hope you like it. But anyways, how's your day going? Sorry, maybe it's not a good idea to try and make small talk over a letter. But, what do you do in your free time? Or whatever....uhh, not sure what to write now.
So yeah, byyyye!
         -Hunter

He smiled after finishing the letter.
"Whatcha' got there bro?" Emira asked and looked over his shoulder.
"A letter." He said, sort of vaguely as he read the poem again.
"Yeah, I can see that, but from who?" She asked.
"It's from Hunter." He replied as he got a piece a paper from a cabinet and began writing his response. A couple of minutes passed, Emira finally got her Toaster Poodle.
And Amity was sipping her apple juice while texting on her scroll.
"Whatcha' writing know?" Emira asked.
"A response letter." Edric replied.