Chapter Seven - From Me to You

Note: this is being written before the end of Season Two

Life has continued rather smoothly since the escape. Hunter stayed out mostly during the day, while wearing some sort of disguise. But he'd go home through Edrics window because clearly that's very normal.
Amity had accepted Hunter's existence, while Luz was constantly asking him about the Emperor's plans, despite the fact that Hunter actually had no idea. Emperor Belos had stopped talking to him openly a long time ago. All his missions were at a lack of context, usually just him going out and hunting things for the Emperor.
Hunter still lacked closure. Sure, everyone thought he was dead, no strings attached from his previous life, great, right?
Well, Hunter was grateful for Edric's help, but he desperately wanted closure.
Edric, meanwhile was getting really comfortable with Hunter. During the weeks he'd head of to school in the morning, Hunter would wear a disguise and go out to the library, and then when Edric would return from school, Hunter would be there to greet him. Each time he came home, Hunter would greet him by practically tackling him onto the ground with a tight hug.
So, safe to say things were going smoothly for them.

Meanwhile, this was a sharp contrast to what was happening at the Emperor's Coven. With the loss of Lilith and then The Golden Guard, a lot of changes were being made. Kikimora was trying her best as coven head, but soon found that she was easily overwhelmed by the responsibilities.
And Emperor Belos...
Nobody knew what was going on with him. Since the finalization of Hunter's death, he locked himself away into the throne room. No one had gone in or come out in days. Emperor Belos left most duties up to Darius and the rest of the coven heads.

Emperor Belos paced back and forth in the throne room. He was breathing heavily. On the table sat instructions for the creation of a Grimwalker.
(This is my AU, since I know this probably isn't canon, but I need to further the story.)
For over four hundreds years had Emperor Belos cheated death. Belos was living off of practically nothing but the Palestrum wood, and he was running out of time. He needed Hunter for the day of unity.
Hunter was his sacrifice.
On the day of unity, the titan called for a sacrifice, one that would be thrown into the burning flames of death, only the titan knowing what terrible fate bestow upon them. And Hunter was going to be that sacrifice. Emperor Belos had created Hunter to be...his hunter. He'd hunt the tools used for his own demise.
But now, Hunter was dead. He was gone. He had no sacrifice. He needed a new sacrifice. But who? But who?
The titan called for a meaningful sacrifice, so someone as pathetic as Kikimora, or as inferior as Steve wouldn't do. Not as spiteful as Darius. And not as catty as Terra. Not as gentle as Raine.
What about the owl lady?
She doesn't have magic...Hunter didn't have magic, so that was a parallel, but with what happened at the petrification ceremony, could he really try and get away with that again?
Belos growled in frustration.
Who else could he sacrifice without drawing all to many eyes in his direction?
Then, the idea dawned on him.
The human.
The human didn't have magic.
The human was the reason he failed the petrification of Edalyn.
The human was the reason the door was destroyed.
The human was the perfect sacrifice.
But how would he get ahold of the human?
Oh. He was always two steps ahead.

Two.

Steps.

Ahead.

Amity and Hunter had gotten to know each other. Hunter found that Amity was not always as violent as she was at Eclipse Lake. And Amity found Hunter was not as insufferable as she had predicted.

Amity and Emira were sitting on the couch. Amity was texting Luz, but then again, when wasn't she? Emira was doing whatever she does.
And meanwhile, Hunter and Edric were out doing something. Not really doing anything. Just goofing off and wasting time. But they were wasting time together.
Hunter was wearing a cloak with his hood up, hiding his face from most people.
The two of them were giggling like young children and walking through the crowded shopping center. There was a really big crowd.
The two were having a hard time staying together without loosing each other through the said crowd. And at some point, they began to unconsciously hold hands, gripping onto each others hands like they'd die if they let go. And Edric pulled Hunter through the crowds of demons and creatures.
They soon made it out of the crowd.
"Edric!" Hunter shouted as he only narrowly avoided running into people as Edric pulled him.
They had finally escaped the crowd.
"Edric! Why were you pulling so hard, geez!" Hunter whined. Edric scoffed just a little. Despite being out of the crowd, the two still had their hands locked together.
"Because! Look! It's where we first met. A new poetry book just dropped and I wanted to come and read it with you!" Edric explained, making a few happy gestured with his free hand.
"Oh! Really?" Hunter mumbled, slightly blushing at how thoughtful Edric was. They stood outside of the library.
"That was really thoughtful..." Hunter muttered.
"Hm?" Edric asked, asking for him to repeat what he said.
"I said that was really thoughtful of you." Hunter repeated, being a little more bratty than usual. Edric had heard him the first time but just wanted to hear it again.
"Awe~, thanks blondie." Edric said with a wink. "Now come on! Let's go." He added before pulling Hunter into the library by his hand.
The two slightly giggled to themselves, even though nothing seemed funny. They went into the poetry isle. It was way on the top shelf. Way to high for either of them to reach it.
"Do you see it?" Edric asked, Hunter on his shoulders.
"I'm-" Hunter grunted in the middle of his sentence to try and not fall, as he stood in Edric's shoulders, reaching for the book.
"I'm getting it!" Hunter finished his previous sentence and grabbed the book from the top shelf.
"Woah!" He called out, falling off of Edric's shoulders, Edric falling with him.
The two of them landed on the ground with a loud 'thump!'
The two of them groaned in pain, but they soon turned to quiet giggled as they sat on the ground of the library together, the book sitting in front of them.