Chapter Four - Window to Heart

Hunter was alone. He had nobody. He sent Rascal away to give Edric the note, but there was no guarantee that he could find another way back in.
But that was better for Rascal, right?
Simply being around Hunter was a danger to him. It was better for Rascal to leave and never come back.
He plopped onto his bed. He sighed and pondered what his life had become and what it was going to be. Was his life really going to be working as 'The Golden Guard'? Was that really who he was destined to be? What he was destined to do? Well, all he could do, was wait. Wait for the day of unity. 'Wait' wasn't the right word...

D r e a d.

But, with a tick-tack a little bird palisman was slowly flying back into the room. Hunter really wanted to give his final goodbye to his one and only lov—EDRIC. His final goodbye to Edric. Hunter was able to find a weak spot in the wall of his room, it was right next to the ceiling. He used his artificial staff to push the loose stone out of place enough for it to be unnoticeable to anyone who wasn't looking for anything, but big enough for a little animal to slip through. Rascal happily flew in.
He dropped the note on the bed.
"Oh? Were you not able to find him?" Hunter asked. Rascal shook his head. Hunter picked up the letter and saw on the note in bold letters stating, 'IM COMING TO SAVE YOU!!'
"And you just let him come here?!" Hunter questioned. He knew Edric to well to think he was kidding.
"Rascal, by not stopping him do you realize WHAT HE MIGHT BE DOING?!" He yelled.
Rascal cowered slightly at Hunter yelling. Hunter took a deep breath. "Sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell..." he said and apologized to Rascal who chirped in response.

"But there was a reason why I told him to forget about me." He added.
"Dang it, dang it, dang it! He's going to get hurt if he just comes here and starts yelling to the guards that he's coming to save me!" Hunter said.
Rascal chirped, as if saying 'you're underestimating him.' That's oddly specific.
Hunter pulled on his own hair in anger and frustration as he tried to figure things out.
He walked towards his window, which was locked and enchanted to not break.

Meanwhile, Edric got on his Palisman and was flying to the emperors coven.
"So what's your plan, Prince Charming?" Emira asked and flew next to him.
"I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead yet." He replied. Emira rolled her eyes.
"You do realize you are quiet literally invading the emperors coven? Right?" Emira asked.
"Yep!" He replied.
"This is a crime you're committing." Emira stated.
"And isn't a crime to abuse your child? I'm sure one of the reasons why Hunter doesn't have a scroll is so he can't call Child Protective Services." Edric stated, both serious and not serious.
"So that's your main goal here? Save your boyfriend?" Emira asked and leaned down onto her Palisman as they flew.
"Eheheh...I wish I could say that second half was true, but yeah I'm going to save Rapunzel from their tower." He said.
"Well, better have a plan in mind because...we're here." She said.

Both their Palisman stopped and they looked up at the castle looming over them.
"So Prince Charming, find your princess." Emira said and flew back a little. Emira was just playing the 'look out.'
Edric, without any hesitation, started flying around the castle, circling it, possibly looking for a way in.

Rascal was by the window when he saw a green haired Blight fly by. Rascal starting chirping loudly, but Hunter was a little to busy having a meltdown to notice.
Rascal flew over to Hunter and latched onto his hair with his claws, and then flew back to pull Hunter towards the window.

"What?!" Hunter said as he finally put his anxiety-filled-meltdown on pause to realize what Rascal was trying to show him.
There he was, every couple of seconds Edric would fly by, trying to find and entrance.

"Edric!" Hunter yelled and banged on the window. The window was locked and enchanted to be unbreakable. So all that could be heard was his muffle cry and a soft thumping sound. If Hunter were able to get Edric to leave he wouldn't get hurt.

"EDRIC!" He screamed louder.

"Crikey! What's that kid doing in there?" One of the guards said awkwardly as they heard Hunters muffled screeching.
"Come to think of it, we probably don't want to know." The other guard replied.

"EDRIC!!" Hunter screamed, finally catching his attention. Edric smiled ear to ear and flew to the window.
"Hunter!" He cried.

Edric tried to open the window, but it wouldn't unlock.
"It's locked from the outside and enchanted not to open." Hunter said, only just loud enough for Edric to hear.

"Don't worry dearest! I'll get you out of there! Step back!" Edric said. Hunter blushed at the name 'dearest' but stepped back quickly to avoid whatever he was going to do.
"Wait! It won't break eith—"

Thump!

Edric had flown face first into an unbreakable window. He slowly began to fall down from the window.
"Edric!" Hunter called and rushed back to the window.
"Here! I'm here." He said and regained his composure and flew back up to make eye contact with Hunter.

Hunter put his hand to the glass, Edric did the same. It was like they were holding hands, except there was an unbreakable barrier keeping them divided.
"Edric, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." Hunter said. Edrics smile faded.
"Hunter, you have nothing to be sorry about." Edric said.

"Yes I do! I was selfish! Every time I went and talked with you I was putting you in danger! Every time I sent a letter, every moment I let you consider me a friend I was hurting you!" He yelled.
"Hunter, I'd sacrifice my safety if it meant spending time with y—" Edric was cut off.
"Edric, I need you to leave! I couldn't live with myself if I let you get hurt because you wanted to save me!" Hunter yelled.

"So please! Leave! Forget about me, move on! Live on!" Hunter said, his loud voice getting lower.

"Live your life happily for me." Hunter pleaded.
"Hunter, I know you probably only consider me a friend but..." Edrics voice trailed off.

"I don't think I could live happily without you." He said.
Hunter gasped quietly.
"But Ed...you deserve better." Hunter whispered, only barely loud enough for Edric to hear.

"And there is nothing you can do...I'm a liar, I'm selfish, I'm...I'm not worth your time, your kindness! You deserve to find someone who is! I'm to far gone." Hunter said.

"Well I'm not just going to leave you here!" Edric said and smirked.
"Besides, I think you're to perfect for this place. So what do you say? Come home with me?" Edric asked.
"Oh Edric, I would if I could. The window is unbreakable and can't open, this place is plagued with guards, and if you're caught..." Hunter paused.

"It's over." He finished.
It was silent for a while, the two stared into each others eyes until Hunter broke the silence.

"And I can't risk your life, not again." Hunter said.
"Hunter..." Edric said.
"I love you..." Hunter said and smiled as salty tears rolled down his face.
With those parting words, Hunter closed the curtain.
"Hunter!" Edric said.
"HUNTER!" He yelled.

He lowered his head.
"They will pay for this..." Edric said, not messing around anymore. 'They' being those who locked this poor child in his room. He wasn't giving up. And he wasn't leaving without Hunter by his side.

_________________________________________

Rose_Vinex, ready for battle!

I can't tell if I'm being over dramatic or if this is considered 'cringe' so just let me know what you think.
And...
Thanks for all the support on this book! Y'all are raaad. That includes you, yes, you. I'm talking to YOU specifically. You are raaad with 3 a's. Never question your rad-ness, because you are raaad.

Sorry that chapters are taking longer. I'm currently down with the sick. I'll spare you the details.

But anyways, hope you enjoyed!

Bye reader!