Chapter Five - Golden Blood

"Emira, I'm not playing around anymore." Edric said darkly.
"So I take it you're going to continue your little rescue mission?" Emira asked. Edric nodded.

A few minutes passed and a "criminal" came running out of the castle.
"You'll never catch me!" They yelled.
The guards at the door started running after the criminal quickly with their spears, only two remaining. The criminal was just an illusion created by Emira, who giggled as she suddenly gave the criminal a dragon head and fire breath to mess with the guards. Edric dropped down from his palisman and hit one of the guards on the head, causing their skull to come into contact with their brain, the guard collapsed to the ground.

The remaining guard attempted to hit Edric, and succeeded, but Emira dropped down from behind and held her staff down on their neck from behind, strangling them. Once they passed out Emira gently set the guard down.
She stopped her circle magic so the guards who had chased the illusion criminal thought that they had gotten away into town.

"Come on! His room is upstairs on the left!" Edric called. He began creating an illusion that caused him to look like a guard. Emira nodded and did the same illusion and they walked into the castle.
They figured that if they walked in and acted like they had something important to do, people will probably think that. So that's what they did.
They walked quickly through the hallway.

"Steve! There's been an accident in the kitchen! We need an extra set of hands!" A guard said to Emira and rushed towards the kitchen.
"Yep! Yes, I'm Steve and I'm on it!" She said and quickly followed the guard to not look suspicious. She looked back at Edric as she walked away. Edric nodded and continued moving.

"Oi mate, whot are you doin' back here?" A guard said in the most unbelievable British accent.
"Yeh' shouldn't you be a' your post?" The other guard said.

"No, the emperor asked me to..." Edric paused. "Retrieve the Golden Guard for a special mission." He said quickly.

"Right...al' right then. Go ahead." The guard said and stepped aside so Edric could pass.
Edric thanked the guards and walked on. The room must be openable from the outside.
He made his way to the door. And without hesitance, he unlocked it and pushed the door open.
What he saw was seemingly straight out of a Disney fairytale. A beautiful Princess locked in a tower...

The room was dark and little particles of dust could be seen in the air. There were stacks of books around the room and papers about wild magic and such thrown around. The floor itself though was clean. There was a little bunny rabbit doll next to his bed and a pile of books. His bed was messy so was his shelf that had an assortment of things on it.
Hunter was wrapped in a blue blanket and sitting under the window. The curtain was closed and he was curled in a ball.
"Hunter!" Edric said softly and walked towards him. Hunter gasped quietly. He recognized that voice...

"Edric?" He asked.

Edric stopped the illusion.

"You...you didn't leave?" He said.
"No, I couldn't leave...not without you. Me and Emira were able to trick the guards. We can leave, and you don't have to live in fear any longer." Edric said and bent down to be in front of Hunter, who was sitting on the floor.
Rascal flew down from the shelf and happily chirped at Edrics arrival.

They held hands for real that time. Hunters hands were trembling and cold, Edric was determined to help his lover.
That reminded him...
"Wait, when you closed the curtain you said that you—"
"Yes-I-did-and-I'm-sorry-if-I-made-you-uncomfortable!" Hunter said quickly, all his words phased into one as he turned as red as the blood moon.
"I wasn't uncomfortable...hearing that from you made me...happy." Edric said.
"Really?" Hunter asked quietly. Edric nodded reassuringly. They leaned in closer. Hunter suddenly pulled Edric into a hug. Hunter was blushing madly but managed to keep his composure enough to speak.
"Thank you, Ed..." he said.
"I love you too." Edric replied, referring back to what he said at the window.
After they separated Edric said, "so what do you say? How about we blow this popsicle stand?" He said and smirked.
"I'm down for that." Hunter said and winked.
The two stood and prepared to leave.
Edric began using his illusion magic to turn into a guard. "Woah!" Hunter yelped as he saw him transform before his eyes. Rascal flew down and settled onto Hunters shoulder.
"Come on blondie, let's get a move on!" Edric said as they happily walked.