Chapter 1 | Will

Hi guys!
This is the first book I'm posting and I'm so excited to finally be sharing some of my work with you. That being said this is an unedited, first draft written by someone who is by no means a professional author! I've been writing my whole life and I love it, but I write mostly as a creative outlet and for myself. One day I'd love to be published, but that would I'm sure, come only after extensive editing and revising...both of which this story does not have!

I hope you guys enjoy this story and the characters as much as I do. I appreciate any constructive criticism and *respectful* feedback you have to offer! If you don't enjoy the book that is okay. Feel free to stop reading or share your thoughts with me preferably without tearing me or my book apart 😅

I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my writing and sharing it with you guys, I'm stressing as I write this!! However, I'm forcing myself to upload this because if I don't just do it, I probably never will!

Okay I'll stop now, go on and (with any luck) enjoy Only Sleeping.

•••

I had spent the majority of my night desperately trying to tune out the noise of yet another one of my older brother's infamous parties. Thankfully this one ended early at 2:00 am and I am finally starting to fall asleep. That is until someone comes stumbling into my room and falls face-first onto my bed, their arm landing across my back pinning me down.

I'm speechless for a moment before I start squirming around under the heavy arm.

 "hey! Get up!" 

The guy who has just joined me in bed groans and turns his head barely opening his eyes.

 "Shut up Will" 

My breath freezes in my lungs and my eyes widen, it's Mason Moore.

Mason who happens to be my brother's best friend and even worse; the star in all of my steamy dreams. And here he is asleep in my bed, his arm pinning me down. I'm pretty sure I've dreamed of this exact moment. Of course, it had gone down differently...specifically, I wasn't ambushed into this position and Mason wasn't piss drunk, but here we are.

Unsure what to do I try yet again to move away from Mason who only tightens his arm around me grunting.

 "Stop fucking moving"

I bite my lip pausing trying to think of how to appropriately respond in this situation. All I come up with is a measly "but...your in my bed Mason" 

Mason doesn't bother lifting his head again instead he just mumbles against the sheets.

 "Don't give a fuck" 

I wince, I don't argue with Mason, no one argues with Mason. He's quite frankly scary as hell...in the hottest way possible, but scary nonetheless. However, there is absolutely no way I can sleep a whole night with Mason this close to me. Therefore if he won't leave I will. 

"Um..fine just move your arm" Mason doesn't respond this time and I start to panic slightly.

He fell back asleep?! 

I try to think of a way out of this situation, but eventually decide I'm stuck here...in this bed...all night...with Mason Moore. The realization makes me uneasy, but I slide back down and force myself to try and go back to sleep. Despite my current predicament, it's easier than I'd expect and only shortly after I'm dead to the world.

•••
I wake up to snoring and groan annoyed, however, it suddenly dawns on me that I have not woken up to snoring since Gage and I stopped sharing a room when he was in 5th grade.