Chapter 24

New chapter! I know you've all been waiting so here it is. As always I hope you enjoy and please vote if you feel like showing me some love 🤍

••
Mason

Letting Gage know I was leaving was quick and easy. He was too invested in his game to care, and his curt "see ya!" didn't take long.

I head to Will's room quietly knowing both Adam and Sandy just went to bed. Will is still in the shower so I perch lightly on his bed trying to keep myself in a good headspace. I'm pissed about Tony, but I know getting mad at Will isn't going to help anything.

When the door opens slowly I clear my throat and Will freezes "oh."

I stand "what happened with Tony?"

He sighs tossing his clothes into the laundry basket next to him before standing awkwardly in front of me.

"I don't really..want to talk about it"

His words make me angry. Not because he doesn't want to talk about it, but because whatever Tony did has him too upset to talk about it.

I grunt "Will. Tell me."

He looks at the ground walking toward me trying to go to his side of the bed "I just want to go to bed Mason"

I glare and catch his wrist stopping him from getting in bed. I pull him so we're close, too close, but I don't push him away.

"Fuck Will, you want me to beat it out of Tony instead?"

His eyes widen and his mouth drops open "no! Don't..don't do that"

I nod "then tell me what happened, I know he slapped you and I'm already doing my best not to kill the fucker"

Will looks conflicted "why does it matter? If you kill the asshole it won't be for me right?"

I wince because he's throwing my own words back at me. I lift a hand to his face unintentionally running my thumb down his lip "baby..." he whimpers slightly, but it's sad.

He pushes my hand away and steps away
from me making me cringe, the name keeps slipping from my mouth and he's upset about it. I'm confusing him.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair "Will just tell me what the fuck happened?!"

I'm angry at myself and Tony. I know I'm being irrational, but Will protecting Tony only adds to my anger.

Will shakes his head lightly "it doesn't matter Mason he just...he always wants me to do what he says! He humiliates me.."

I curse the way his voice breaks and a tear slides down his cheek. I sigh and step closer to him

"Will..why won't you tell me?" He whimpers "I I don't want to say it"

I tense and the worst scenarios invade my mind.

My voice darkens "what the fuck did he do Will?"

Will shakes his head and finally mumbles "he p pushed me onto the ground..."

he sucks in a breath and I glare but don't say anything not wanting to make him stop.

"He..he told me he would let me go back to class, but I had to ask...I had to beg"

A cry breaks free and without much thought I reach up wiping his tears from his cheeks "shh baby it's okay"

Will doesn't comment about the name this time and I don't draw attention to it. Instead I sit on the edge of Will's bed and pull him toward me. Before lifting him so he's straddling my lap. Will cries and lightly tries to protest, but ends up burying his face in my neck and his tears dampen my skin.