Chapter 18

Seeing so much love from you guys makes me want to complete this book so badly! Not to mention I'm sooo excited to share my other stories with you guys!!

Enjoy this chapter 🤍

••
Mason

The game starts and Gage basically kicks Will and Jenna off the beanbags so he could sit and watch the game, Hank taking the other bean bag.

It makes sense since Jenna and Will aren't here to watch the game, but it annoys me. I was enjoying Will's company, I may have even been enjoying Jenna's company for that matter.

I don't say anything. I just lean back in my chair and try not to focus on Will.

The game starts to get good, but I'm not invested at all. Jenna and Will went upstairs, but it doesn't matter. I still can't get him out of my head. Hank and I are sleeping here tonight and despite knowing I'll have to wait for Hank to fall asleep I'm itching to go to Will's room. Longing for it to be night, the I only time I can hold him and pretend everything is easy.

Instead it's half time and all the guys are rushing upstairs for snacks.

Gage hangs back with me "you good?"

I shrug "fine, tired" he lifts a brow as if not believing me but sighs "fine I won't push, but if you want to talk I'm here"

He pats his chest "your best bro ready and willing to be your shoulder to cry on, your rock, your human Kleenex"

I cringe shoving his shoulder lightly "your disgusting" he laughs pointing at me "I got you to smile"

I roll my eyes, but he's right and I can feel that a smile has tugged its way onto my face.

It drops when we enter the kitchen because it's replaced by a frown. Austin is standing next to Will who's laughing and he's leaning close to Will, too close.

I cement my feet to the floor on the opposite side of the island. Not allowing myself to give into my temptation and rush around the island and to pull Austin away from him. Instead I just watch intensely.

"You don't want to watch the game?" Will shakes his head his cheeks blushing slightly "I..I don't really get it" Austin lifts a brow "you don't get it?"

Will sighs "I understand how it works obviously, Gage has played like our whole lives, but I don't really get the hype"

Austin chuckles "well if we ever go to a real game I'll show you the hype" Will's face gets even darker and Gage gives me a look, but I'm already glaring daggers at Austin.

Jack chuckles "woah Austin starting to sound a little gay" Gage grunts "it's gay to want to go to a football game?"

Jack lifts a brow caught off guard by Gage's response and even I'm surprised; Any other time Gage would just agree with Jack's joke about Austin being a little friendly. My eyes drift to Will who looks like a deer caught in headlights and lift a brow did Will come out to Gage?

Jack holds up his hands in defence "I'm kidding I know he means nothing by it just a joke" Gage shrugs grumbling  "stupid joke" Jack sighs "sorry"

I turn my attention back to Will and Austin watching as Austin rolls his eyes at Jack and nods to Will "let me know if you ever want to try and understand the hype" Will chuckles, but it seems forced and his smile doesn't reach his eyes when he nods.

Shortly after Austin announces the game will be coming back on and heads downstairs with Gage and Jack. I stay upstairs using the excuse of waiting for Hank, but really I just want to be near Will a while longer.