Chapter 28

So...one step forward two steps back is what they say right?

••
Mason

The girl I was with last night was Kenzie Matlock. I had to do something to get Will out of my head. Yesterday morning was close, closer then it should have been. I'm allowing Will too much of me. I said I wouldn't do this to him and now I can't stop. The restraint to pull myself off of him yesterday was barely there, I want him, but I know I can't have him.

I had barely finished with Kenzie when Hank started pounding on my door.

"Mason! You idiot! Open the door!"

I'm annoyed and confused as shit, Hank knows I have a girl over. When I open the door I'm genuinely surprised to find Hank looking at me the way he was. Equal parts angry and pity.

"What Hank? I'm kinda bus..."

He glares into my room "Will was here"

My mouth dries at that "W what?"

He rolls his eyes "Will just left"

I blink shaking my head slowly "why?"

Hank's scoffs "because you have some chick in your bed"

I look at the girl behind me before turning back to Hank "no why was he here?"

Hank shakes his head "I don't know Mason he's your boyfriend!"

My mouth drops open and he continues "or was anyway"

With that Hank turns and walks back to his room leaving me standing with my mouth hanging open and my thoughts going a mile a minute.

I turn to Kenzie "you need to leave"

She blinks "what? It's like 2 in the morning Mason"

I nod "just piss off Kacy!"

I use the wrong name on purpose knowing she'll want to leave after that. It's a shitty move, but I need her gone.

She stand huffing "it's Kenzie!"

I roll my eyes as she stalks out of the room and watch her go before rushing to Hanks door. I walk in without knocking.

"Will's not my boyfriend"

Hank looks up from his spot on his bed "we'll then your more of an idiot then I originally thought"

I blink at him "what the fuck Hank?!"

He sighs "Mason, you must think I'm pretty stupid if you thought I wouldn't notice how you and Will just happen to spend sooo many nights together. Not to mention you were pretty pissed I woke the two of you up the other morning especially for a guy who was supposedly just comforting a friend"

I wince "we're not..dating"

Hank shakes his head "yeah I got that, why are sleeping with him if you don't want him Mason?"

I flinch at that, I do want him. I want him more then anything in my entire life, but he's my forbidden fruit the only fucking thing I can't have.

Hank shakes his head scoffing taking my silence as an answer "it's not fair to Will he could get someone better you know"

I glare at that "I know" and that's what he deserves, something better.

I leave Hank's room and slam my own door closed. I lay down on my bed, but immediately scrunch up my nose. I hate the way it smells, like Kenzie and not Will.