4

JENNIE is frowning when Monday came and once again Lisa is not around. The professor didn't even call Lisa's name, so after the class she approached their professor.

"What is it, Ms Kim?"

"Can I ask something, prof?"

"Tell me."

"You're not calling Lisa's name anymore, yes she was absent yesterday but—"

"Ms Kim, I'm not in the position to tell you what Ms Manoban's decision so I'm sorry I can't tell you."

"But prof..."

The prof sighed, "why are you eager to know? Who are you to Ms Manoban?"

"I'm her best friend."

"Really?" and she saw her frown, "but why she didn't tell you if you're her best friend, because as a best friend you must know about that thing, I'm sorry Ms Kim, I really can't tell you," and she gave her a sympathetic smile then took her things and left the room.

Jennie felt weak and she sat on the chair and she cried, she was taken aback at what her professor said because she was right, "Lili..." she mumbled.

***

A week turns month and Lisa's father has no improvement that makes her worry to the core and she was thankful that the board didn't insist anymore but one afternoon, a news that made her world shattered into pieces.

Jisoo was out of breath when she invaded Lisa's class, "professor I need to take Lisa for a bit, it's urgent," and she took Lisa's bag and left the room immediately pulling Lisa with her.

"Unnie, what is happening?"

"Lisa, your father...mom receives a call from the hospital of where uncle confined, Lisa—" and she shook her head, "Joohyun-unnie is waiting for you at the parking lot," and she pulled her again.

Lisa was in dazed when she saw Joohyun's puffy eyes and it immediately pulled her for embrace.

Lisa's knees felt weak when she now understand and Joohyun needed to catch her before she hurts her knees from falling and everything went black.

"Lisa! LISA!!"

"She fainted," Jisoo said, "let's get her to the car, unnie" and she help Joohyun and they entered Lisa on the car, "unnie, I will just follow."

"Okay."

***

"Take care of yourself, okay Lisa? Dad will always at your side, guiding you and don't worry about Jennie, she will realize it soon because she loves you more than you know, I'm sorry for leaving you but I love you, Lisa, even though we're not blood related you still treat me as your real father and thank you for treating me like that, you're the best daughter that I'd ever have, I felt bad for leaving you like this but it doesn't mean that I didn't care for you, I do, I'm always here, I leave everything on your care, I love you my precious daughter, I will say hi to your mom for you."

"Dad..." and Lisa opened her eyes and all she saw is a white ceiling.

"Lisa?"

And Lisa saw Jisoo and then Rosé's worried and puffy eyes, "what happened?"

Jisoo and Rosé couldn't answer and avoided Lisa's pleading eyes.

"Unnie..."

"Lisa..." and Jisoo's tears fell, "uncle—he's dead..."

She remembered now, Jisoo pulling her out of the class, Joohyun's puffy eyes, "no, you're kidding..." and she push the quilt that cover her lower body and left the bed stumbling forward.